PDA

View Full Version : Character - Ball type - Kung Fu

caiocaldeira
11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Hello folks!
Im studying animation and I just made a lil act. This rig is from my friend, Wesley (http://www.wesleyschneider.com/Rigging.html), i guess he copied some other rig. Please crits.

Kung Fu Ball - QT movie (http://www.caiocaldeira.com/kungfu.mov)

if you wanna check my other stuff feel free to do it.
And the rig is free from my friends site.

www.caiocaldeira.com

Ophidian
11-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Hello Caio!

I think you are improving your timming, however I think you could exagerate a little bit more on the anticipations, and do a little bit more holds before the actions.. other than that, congrats!

caiocaldeira
11-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Hi! I just updated the KungFu ball, using some tips from a senior animator, Toli.

www.caiocaldeira.com/kungfu.mov (http://www.caiocaldeira.com/kungfu.mov)

guitarplayer6516
11-26-2006, 12:19 PM
hey dude, thats a nice rig, do you think you could share it? (dont mean to be too forward if it is)

caiocaldeira
11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi guitarplayer, you can get that rig at www.wesleyschneider.com (http://www.wesleyschneider.com), at the rigging section. The link is at my first post too. Cya!

moose2k1
11-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Hey there, your ending sequence needs some work, other than, looking good!

The need adjustments pertain to your last kick:

a. When he kicks it, have him contact with the box with his leg straight and then, his knee should bend and push off the character off the box, then the box goes screen right. Right now he barely makes contact and in the next frame it flies off... Doing my suggestion should make your character and the box have more weight!

b. After the kick off and the box is moving off screen, have the ball dude go left more. Don't have him drop down. Imagine those that kick off the wall. You could also have your character continue to move forward as if his momentum continues (which means the box is weak like a cardboard box), but I think the kick back may look a tad sweeter and gives you an oppurtinity to show more weight..

Good luck, looking good.

caiocaldeira
11-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Hello! I just updated the animation using moose tips. It's not final yet, becaude I animated using the touchpad from my notebook. Ill refine tomorrow, im dead tired today. Cya!

www.caiocaldeira.com/kungfu.mov

guitarplayer6516
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
maybe if you had him look around more instead of mostly just forward at the camera. yes, most of the stuff thrown at him is coming from that direction, but make it so that he just realizes it instead of it seeming like he's waiting for it to come to him. looking really good otherwise!

moose2k1
11-28-2006, 08:36 PM
hey , look for arcs in the last action of the kick off. Its a tad linear, so make sure he goes in an arc. Also, his leg goes into the box from that angle so I would position the leg so it doesn't look like its going through it... Also, hold the leg on the box for only a few frames (3-4), seems to hold a tad long... But its coming along =) so good progress.

anthonymcgrath
11-29-2006, 09:00 AM
I agree with Moose - a few frames holding on the side of the box before his weight transfer pushes the box off screen would really help it. If I can offer a couple of suggestions:

firstly - try rotating the box a little so you can see his foot make more contact with the side - at the moment the edge of the box obscures this contact point.

-2nd - the box weight feels all wrong - it drops in heavy, turns to squashy jelly as it vibrates then is booted off like its made of tissue paper. I'd lose the squash/stretch on the box, have it drop in and bounce a TINY amount (give a feeling of heavy weight) then when he kicks it (incorporating the frame hold as moose mentioned) have the box slide off right BUT add in a little rotation (as if his weight transfer causes it to start tumbling).

-lastly - when he jumps in the air to boot the box, the feet just seem to be along for the ride as if the ik handles are left on the floor, as he leaves and is at the pinnacle bring his legs in more. think about a flying kick bruce lee or van damme would do - they bring their legs right in at the height of the jump before exploding outwards to the target.

dunno are my notes off there? what d'yer think guys?

caiocaldeira
11-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Tks guys! Ill try to change the animation this night, adding the tips you gave me. Cya then!

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2006, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.