PDA

View Full Version : Xsi 2.01 Problems.......................

rubery
03-22-2002, 04:23 PM
Hello all.......

I am modelling a butterfly at the moment and in stead of creating each individual leg i duplicated the entire mesh, deleted all except the leg, then merged it the the original mesh. This works but the Mesh has now turned green. Apart from getting on my tits is there any other posible down sides of this.

Also when extruding a polygon along a curve it never follows the right path, apart from the settings in the extrude dialog box are there any other setting i could change to correct this.

Cheers Boys

Rubery..............

machuc
03-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Heya Rubery, the reason why ur geometry turned green, is because XSI created material "clusters" when u merged (one for the body, and probably one for the leg.)

If you want to get rid of them, select ur geometry, goto the right column and click on CLUSTER (right next to SELECTION), not the "cluster at the bottom. Under CLUSTER you should see several Clsmat, select them and delete them.

When you merge several objects together, XSI creates material clusters for each part (even tho ur merging them together.)

hope this helps...

ciao.

rubery
03-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Hello ciao

Thanks for the advice I will try it out later. Just been on your web site i really like your composited work, the butterfly i am modeling has to be composited with real footage so i might have to pick your brains again soon.

Cheers...........

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.