PDA

View Full Version : Elven Thief.

Indolent
02-11-2003, 03:40 PM
The Legolas costume was requested, for this piece. I know I probably won't get much, if any C&C feedback for this, due to lack of interest, so I'll just say I think her arm is a little too thin and long. This piece is also lacking in style. Oh well. I'll keep trying.

http://nostr3m.homestead.com/files/elven_thief.jpg

wildsheepchase
02-11-2003, 07:04 PM
The muscles on her left leg look wrong, almost like they are folding onto themselves or something....maybe you meant them to look like they are covered with cloth?. Besides that, I think its a really great sketch. I like the face and pose you put her in.
:beer:

Indolent
02-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks, wildsheepchase. Yeah, what you're seeing up in the leg is supposed to be folds in the cloth. I should've probably made the folds a little smaller, in that area, as it's too roomy up there, but too tight around the knees. the fact that you thought they were muscles is indication to me that I made yet another mistake on this drawing. I made more than a few mistakes, with this one. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. :)

Hellwolve
02-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Indolent
Thanks, wildsheepchase. Yeah, what you're seeing up in the leg is supposed to be folds in the cloth. I should've probably made the folds a little smaller, in that area, as it's too roomy up there, but too tight around the knees. the fact that you thought they were muscles is indication to me that I made yet another mistake on this drawing. I made more than a few mistakes, with this one. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. :)

Are you planning on improveing it? SInce it's a great sketch!

Indolent
02-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks, Hellwolve. I can't do anything else to the drawing, itself, because I've already sent it off to the person I drew it for... but I did scan it at a high resolution, and I'm thinkin' about painting it in Painter. I'll correct as many mistakes that I made, as I can when I do that.

Hellwolve
02-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Indolent
Thanks, Hellwolve. I can't do anything else to the drawing, itself, because I've already sent it off to the person I drew it for... but I did scan it at a high resolution, and I'm thinkin' about painting it in Painter. I'll correct as many mistakes that I made, as I can when I do that.

Sounds like an plan to me. And while I am at it, here are some sugestions and critiques:

-If you're planning on making her a real thief, add an hood.

-Her left foot seems to be in ankward possition.

-The same for her left wrist.

-I don't know how long her bow and quiver are, but IMHO, they are too short. I think there should be piece visible at the other side of her back.

Okay, that was it, except for a comment on my comments; I'm no expert ;)

chrisdejoya
02-11-2003, 10:05 PM
looks pretty tight to me, yes throw it into painter!

dtrimble
02-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Maybe do the old flip horizontaly trick, and catch some of the issues. She has a great expression, you can see she is a take no *@#$ kinda elf. Truthfully though, if you are so upset with how she came out, you may want to take a few cracks at a fresh work with the pencil.

Indolent
02-12-2003, 03:45 PM
hellwolve: as far as adding a hood, that probably won't happen. I drew this specific to a description that someone gave me of their D&D elf character.. that, plus I'm too lazy to add a hood. :p I agree on the foot and hand, though... I think the hand on the left (her right) needs to be a bit smaller, too. Those I can fix. The bow and quiver may be something I'll mess with. I considered the possibility of having the other end extend out on the other side, but then I also considered the possibility that they could be pointing back in space.... if that makes sense. I used reference photos of legolas wearing his bow and this was the case. Thanks for the suggestions.

Snowfly: Thanks, I will! :bounce:

dtrimble: I did that and it did help me catch a few mistakes that weren't readily apparent. I'm not as upset with the sketch as I probably let on, although I do need to get alot better with my drawing. I'm nowhere near the level I'd like to be. Just need to keep practicing. I probably won't draw this character again, unless the girl I drew it for wants me to draw her another one... and she was pretty happy with this one, when I showed it to her, yesterday. ;) Thanks.

Hellwolve
02-12-2003, 08:33 PM
You're welcome.

I'm already happy my comments are being took serious ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.