PDA

View Full Version : How to make Snow with PF

DeadlyAppearanc
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi.
I want to model a winter scene.
After this i want to blow snow over the scene to get a winter look.
To use only a mixtexture is not enough for me.
Something like this:
http://www.reicht.net/images/2006/2006-01-06_Grubalm_07.jpg
I have played a little bit with the PF system and the "Position Object", but i u have more than one object i don`t get a "flow" between this object.
Someone have an idear how i can get some snow over my scene?

Glacierise
11-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, I don't see any snow blowing in the photo you posted, so - get a better reference ;)

On the setup - use a plane to position particles, then pass them to a wind spacewarp to blow them away. It's best to use the shape facing, and make some decent material for the flakes. Dependning on the intensity of the snowfall, you'll need some environment fog, too.

Good luck ;)

DeadlyAppearanc
11-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Sorry for my bad english. I think you don`t understand what i want *g*
I want to model a winter scene. But i only model the scene in summer without any snow. I want to get the snow in my scene with PF and not via modeling. I can model the house and the snow like on the picture. But i want to model the house and get snow around the house with PF.
I hope now you know what i want, sorry.

Glacierise
11-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Hmm, that's another story :) I don't know about PF, man. I mean, I don't know if this should be the choice. But If you wanna try - a metaballer (blobmes or pwrapper) an a setup like - a universal deflector for the houses, etc (what you want snow upon), and a collision spawn upon hitting the deflector, spawning some particles over an area. Then drop the particles from above. And then, you will need a nice material for the wrapped mesh. Kind of an interesting thing to do with particles ;)

mackdadd
11-25-2006, 05:48 AM
http://www.nikclark.com/scripts/snow/index.htm

i think this script will help you a great deal. it's pretty amazing! check it out.

Glacierise
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Heh :D Now that's fancy! Thanks man ;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2006, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.