PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 7 for $995? What do you think???

Jean Eric
12-31-2001, 04:17 AM
Right now, NewTek is offering LightWave 7 for $995. Do you think this will help make LightWave more popular than ever, or is this a bad marketing move that could hurt LightWave's reputation as a professional production tool?

Or how does that make you feel if you just happened to pay $2,495 for LightWave 7?

CIM
12-31-2001, 05:41 AM
Don't they always do some kind of holiday special? I think it can only help Newtek. It'll bring many more users to Lightwave. I don't see how it'll hurt Lightwave's reputation, though. It's still great for all the reasons it's great--at any price.

Bytehawk
12-31-2001, 09:33 AM
sadly enough only in the US, why doesn't NT europe do something like that once in a while?

Martin-K-
12-31-2001, 10:37 AM
personally, i think that lowering software can always be benefitial to everyone. its just too bad that its only available for the US. i mean Canada aint too far off. thik they should give us deals too.

Chewey
12-31-2001, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Jean Eric
Right now, NewTek is offering LightWave 7 for $995. Do you think this will help make LightWave more popular than ever, or is this a bad marketing move that could hurt LightWave's reputation as a professional production tool?

Or how does that make you feel if you just happened to pay $2,495 for LightWave 7?

Here's how this offer is being run. If, by December 31st, you schedule a demo of the VideoToaster 2 at your local authorized dealer during January, then you can order a copy of LW7 for $995. This offer only applies in the U.S. It is not a general offer that allows anyone to just buy a copy of LW7 from Newtek between now and the 31st of December.

There are other legitimate methods to purchase LW7 for substantially less than the $2,495 sticker price.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.