PDA

View Full Version : Quick Jump Test

diegosocart12
11-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Here is a quick little jump test I have been working on. I wanted it to be almost like a super- hero jump, so its higher than anyone could realistically jump. What do all of you think? Critiques would be great. http://jamescditmer.com/videos/RunJumpSmoothFeetChange.mov

hamburgerlar
11-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Looks good. Very cartoon/superhero feel. Each frame carries the next frame. Thumbs up from me. Remember rising objects sit in midair for a split second before falling. Otherwise, awesome work.

divanovic
11-21-2006, 05:34 AM
hey there, looks good so far.
Things that bother me are the jump peak and the fall:
It's ok when he lowers his arms for the first time and his head, after reaching the maximum, but then he raises his arms again too fast, while the body is still 'floating', or moving really slow..
Also his angle while falling is a bit strange, looks exaggerated, though it may be cause of the cam angle.
Hope it helps

With a strong chance to sound stupid, I was interested how do U capture onscreen movement as a Qtime movie? And hoping it's free software...

Cheers

diegosocart12
11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Thank you for your comments. As far as capturing the playblast. I just do a regular playblast, which ends up as an avi. Then I open it in quicktime and export it as a .mov . I think you must have quicktime pro to export though.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.