PDA

View Full Version : Scene Merge. lws to lwo.

backwheelbates
11-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi,

Im delighted to be using Lightwave and I needed some help with a scene. I have a scene with hundreds of objects(that have been positioned and arranged) that I would like to merge into one lwo file. Is there a easy way to do this?

Thanks for any advice on this!!

Just remembered the answer is here;

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=356538&highlight=layout+merge

murcielago
11-21-2006, 02:53 AM
You would need to save transform the objects, export them and load them into a single layer. Theres several plugins that can do this. Check on flay.com

3dee
11-21-2006, 09:29 AM
dstorms load objects from scene (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/modeler.htm#LoadObjectsFromScene) should do this.

backwheelbates
11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks 3dee. I tried that dstorm plugin, but it doesnt work very well. It loads up all the objects but they are all in seemingly random positions and parts of objects are missing. I tried the SaveTransformedObjs.ls plugin, which exports every object as a lwo but it destroys the UVs when it exports. Does anyone else have an idea? Basically what happened, is that I assembled an object[power generator assembly] in layout out of lwo's. In the assembly there are a few hundred low poly objects, boxes, cylinders, etc. When I try to duplicate the assembly[because I need 4 of them] I get a warning saying I already have the maximum number of objects allowed. My thinking was to find a way to bring the assembly into modeler to collapse it into one object. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Castius
11-21-2006, 10:48 PM
There is a biult in tools that can help.

Layout:
Use Save transformed objects
You might need to script it so you can apply it to multiple selections. I might already have one at home. I'll look when i get home later.

Modeler:
under the view tab there is a tool called "object collapse"
This can collapse a directory of objects into one object.

So you can use save transformed on the objects in layout to a dir then collapse them to one object after.

backwheelbates
11-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks Castius. That worked great. I also tried used a plugin called IL_OneClickScene2Obj.ls that merged the layout scene into an LWO.

Tartiflette
11-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi !

If it's only a limit of objects in the layout, you can raise this limit to a higher value !

I don't know though if you are running LW9, in which case it as simple as a higher number in the appropriate option panel, or if you are still using an older version of LightWave, in which case you have to change this number by editing your layout config file...

However, it seems that the solution was found by a plug-in, which will be useful in many other case !! :thumbsup:

Regards,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2006, 12:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.