PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Teaser Trailer Online!

Seven
11-20-2006, 08:33 PM
The teaser has finally been released:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30770

Direct Link:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/orderofthephoenix/teaser/teaser_500.mov

Every time I hear that music I get a tingle down my spine. From someone who hasnt read the books, Potter 4 was fabulous... the darker these films get the better they get.

Cant wait for the full trailer sometime early next year.

CaptainObvious
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
July, 2007? Too bad. I rather like the Harry Potter films. Wouldn't mind seeing it a tad sooner than that. :P

And I agree: The darker Harry Potter gets, the better it gets. I hated the first one, thought the second one was so-so. The third was good, the fourth better, and so on and so forth.

RockinAkin
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Totally psyched for this... just half a year more to go. :hmm:

The teaser looks great though.

maunilpatel
11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Looking good..!!
I just wished they made teaser little longer.. lolz..

Apoclypse
11-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Who directed this one?

wolfmanyoda
11-20-2006, 11:32 PM
They need to speed up the production of these movies.
The 3 *kids* are going to look like college students in the Half Blood Prince.

DorkmanScott
11-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Who directed this one?
David Yates (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0946734/).

As a fan of the books, I've been more and more impressed and satisfied with each film. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Aneks
11-21-2006, 12:17 AM
I really like the movies. They just seem so brilliantly finished and enclosed within the world they have created. Everytime I am blown away by the cinematography and production design. Not to mention the effects which just seem to get better each time. Spoke to a friend in London and apparently they are full steam ahead on the effects. Good luck to all those invloved !

CGmonkey
11-21-2006, 01:40 AM
John Williams IS BACK!

I just finished reading the book the other night. This will be an AWESOME movie. Looking forward to it SO much.

akaiwa
11-21-2006, 02:01 AM
John Williams IS BACK!

He's composing for this film again? Where is this confirmed?

I absolutely hated how long Harry's hair was in the last movie, now it's way too short. I just can't win. :sad:

Tibbar
11-21-2006, 02:14 AM

I would think that the age of the actor or actress is less critical for young adult parts. In The Karate Kid, "Daniel-Son" was 23. I think in Malcolm in the Middle, Malcolm was played by an actor who was much older than his character's age. I think it's great that they got 3 talented kids so close to the age of the characters in Harry Potter.

swardson
11-21-2006, 02:15 AM
hehe, the hair thing is kinda funny... though he looks a lot older and tougher because of it in my opinion... Since he has to kick tushy in this movie it fits well I think....

I totally pictured belatrix lestrange to be a whole lot uglyer...

Im totally stoked though. can't wait.

Brad

akaiwa
11-21-2006, 02:32 AM
hehe, the hair thing is kinda funny... though he looks a lot older and tougher because of it in my opinion... Since he has to kick tushy in this movie it fits well I think.... [\QUOTE]

It makes me think the exact opposite. He looks like a little boy, IMO. But I guess that makes him look younger. :)

[QUOTE]

I totally pictured belatrix lestrange to be a whole lot uglyer...

Im totally stoked though. can't wait.

I agree. She looks very cliche-witch. The casting for the rest of the characters looks excellent, especially Umbridge.

I'm really excited as well.

Bsmith
11-21-2006, 04:15 AM
I'm happy now

Intervain
11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
hmmm... I have huuuuge expectations concerning this one since it's by far my fav HP book! Not sure what to think of the teaser really... Great to see the new characters and Snapey as lovely as ever ;) Can't wait!:bounce:

and I do hope Patrick Doyle will remain the composer ;P he was way better...

Slurry
11-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Sweet! Great teaser. It looks like there will be lots happening in this one. I hope they focus on the action and magic more instead of the "who has a crush on who" parts of the book. The last movie was a little too "16 Candles" for me.
But, they have to decide what to keep and what to cut as the books are getting larger, so fingers crossed for adventure!

Art :)

Gentle Fury
11-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Who directed this one?

David Yates:

Who has done nothing but TV direction......he is actually cutting his teeth in film on Harry freakin Potter!!! Thats a major make you or break you situation.....luckily he already has a great basis, so there isn't much need for creativity when the series is so nicely laid out before you got there.

As much as I can't stand Chris Columbus, he did a good job in getting the series started!

rblitz7
11-21-2006, 11:23 PM
lol, who cares? the kids from Beverly Hills 90210 looked like they were 35.

Gentle Fury
11-22-2006, 07:58 PM
lol, who cares? the kids from Beverly Hills 90210 looked like they were 35.

Cuz they were 35.....lol

Per-Anders
11-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Well, this trailer doesn't excite me too much, on the other hand it can't be any worse than POS... sorry POA, although they have an uphill struggle cutting out the huge swathes of dross and filler in this particular book to get to the meat of the matter and make a tight script (something I thought they did pretty well on the last film and the first two Chris Columbus flicks, which were for all their faults, very tight and concise, so there is hope).

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2006, 01:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.