PDA

View Full Version : Basic MEL Script for the Ignorant

maddav99
11-20-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm looking to create a script that will take a selected object anywhere in space and constrain a cube to it by point and orient, then remove those constraints, then constrain a locator in the same way to the cube, then mirror the cube in the X and constrain another locator to that new cube. I'm going to hide the cubes and leave the locators as a visual for placing other objects. I want to be able to use this script on a number of objects as I go along and animate. Any help is appreciated and a sample of some kind would help move me along in the right direction. Actually a sample script might be of more help because I am intent on learning how to script correctly. Thanks.

xcomb
11-21-2006, 01:59 PM
The only way you can learn mel or understand how it works, is by watching in Script Editor, with Echo All Commands turned on, that way, everything you have mentioned step by step, is to go and write it down, then build a script!
Just pay attention, and refer to manual for ls command and delete etc.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2006, 01:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.