PDA

View Full Version : Trail Effect (Smallville Style)

Quaay
11-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a plugin or a way to duplicate a certain effect. It is the trail effect on a moving object. For instance in smallville when they are showing a super slow scene of clark running on something (Season 4 onwards) he has a trail behind him, it's just like an echo of where he has been but its been rippled and stuff. Cool effect.

Also if anyone could shed some light on the way they do Bullet trails in smallville, obviously Matrix ones are a good option, but I don't have time to render them out in max. The smallville technique works quite well. I'm just looking for a heat trail or something I guess

Thanks
Ben

stevecullum
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Its likely a combination of effects. I dont know what comping app your using, but Fusion 5 has a trails effect which produces something similar.

Aneks
11-21-2006, 01:21 AM
What are you compositing in ?

the standard way to do this is to use hi-speed photography, speed it up and use frame blending.

this can be done in almost any app !

Quaay
11-21-2006, 04:29 AM
I'm most profficient at After Effects but I can use Combustion as well. How is this done, would you mind taking me throiugh what you know?

Thanks
Ben

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2006, 04:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.