PDA

View Full Version : Rendering in Messiah Tutorial Videos

Parsec3d
11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Wegg have you abandoned the idea?

Wegg
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Well Tarons videos were going to cover some of that so I moved on to other things. Is there still interest in it?

stooch
11-19-2006, 09:13 PM
there is always interest in rendering given the current documentation. the whole docs needs to be revamped in general although id rather they focus on bugs first.

tlhpro docs is the way it should be done :)

Parsec3d
11-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Is there still interest in it?

yes there is .

Bugpoo
11-19-2006, 09:57 PM
yes there is .

Most definitely is...

My Fault
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Well Tarons videos were going to cover some of that so I moved on to other things. Is there still interest in it?

Definitely interested here as well.

Shame that pmg dropped the ball on the vids, I actually believed they would do it too. Honestly there are days when I think they don't want to sell more copies of messiah.

sadicus
11-20-2006, 02:17 AM
Video tutorials are always welcome.

Jedt3D
11-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Definitely, Wegg.
The softbody video made I bought it 2 seconds after you posted. ;-)

Please don't be shy. People just don't know how you progress about it so it may be a bit quite. (Actually, it's louder than pmG office.)

Well, pmG users have to stand with our own legs for tutorials, video tutorials.... may be I should start a wiki for pmG like ZBrush? ;-) Make our own docs.. then sell to pmG for our documentation. ;-)

Parsec3d
11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
.. So it is 5 positives and one stooch..

just remember to hook-off the phone while recording ;)

srt
11-22-2006, 06:11 PM
make that 6 positives...

Wireframes
11-22-2006, 06:16 PM
7 now positives :)

roctavian
11-22-2006, 06:54 PM
+8
I do have Lightwave and FPrime. I`m starting to do archviz, and I have a question (maybe a really dumb one): Do you think is possible to do architectural (exteriors and interiours) rendering with MessiahStudio? I must say I purchased Messiah mainly for animation.
Thanks in advance.

Gyuru
11-22-2006, 07:03 PM
+9 :thumbsup:

Wegg
11-22-2006, 07:11 PM
+8
I do have Lightwave and FPrime. I`m starting to do archviz, and I have a question (maybe a really dumb one): Do you think is possible to do architectural (exteriors and interiours) rendering with MessiahStudio? I must say I purchased Messiah mainly for animation.
Thanks in advance.

Yes of course its possible. But. . . the thing about Messiah's renderer is that the real power comes from the wicked shaders and freedom they give you to design some really amazing sufraces. For Archviz stuff. . . brick, stone, wood. . . those shaders are overkill. If your already using Lightwave then I'd recomend you take a look at Kray. (http://www.kraytracing.com/)

It can bake/cache GI. (Messiah can't do that yet)
Its shading noise reduction is far better than Messiah's for a clean "GI" look without the massive render times.

So. . . again yes Messiah is quite capable of doing it but when you don't really need all the sexy shader power. . . then there are faster/better renderers that work with Lightwave already. They just can't do what Messiah can do. :-)

numberEleven
11-22-2006, 07:22 PM
"+8 I do have Lightwave and FPrime. I`m starting to do archviz, and I have a question (maybe a really dumb one): Do you think is possible to do architectural (exteriors and interiours) rendering with MessiahStudio? I must say I purchased Messiah mainly for animation. Thanks in advance."

That isnt a dumb question. I think that you could do architectural visualisation work just fine (did I spell that right? lol.), and portions of your work would be somewhat easy to set up with studio's renderer (I think global illumination renders are very easy to setup with studio, as an example.)

Other portions of your work might definately be easier with other applications intended specifically for that type of work.

Will you need lots of glass and actual lawn portions? Or, will green areas work fine? At the moment some studio rendered exteriors would need image cheats, or lots of polys to do some exterior work (like a bunch of trees or grass/lawn areas as an example.)

A lot of visualization work I have seen (not that I have seen lots and lots, but likely enough), is fairly simple, but intended to have proper scale, which studio should render fine, as scale and proportions for your structures would be created in a seperate modeling application.

If you already have a copy, you might want to try making some renders with it before looking at another software, as it is probubly enough for most needs. Your lightwave and fprime software would work too though. If your looking for something to start learning studio's renderer with, it wouldn't be that bad of a project to learn with.

-Garin

stooch
11-22-2006, 07:25 PM
a messiah wiki sounds brilliant...

Kid-Mesh
11-22-2006, 08:12 PM
+10 .... I actually thought this was in the works already too. Sorry to hear that it hasnt even gotten of the ground yet :rolleyes:

AAAron
11-22-2006, 08:23 PM
a messiah wiki sounds brilliant...

Agreed! I would contribute thats for sure. One cool thing to have, would be a material gallery like maxwells or vray´s with some type of sphere shape in a standard scene that showed the material and it´s features.
http://www.vray-materials.de/
http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/

I bet that would be a boost for Thomas shaders :P

roctavian
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Wegg, numberEleven - Thank you for your answers. I Know about Kray and I`m waiting to see how the 1.7 version will be. I understood it will a great update. I`m also handlleing pretty well photoshop to find the shortest way to the final result, and I thought to ask the experts to see whats more profitabile for my workflow. I didn`t played yet with Messiah`s render engine, and a videotutorial, for sure, will smooth the learning path.
Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.