PDA

View Full Version : Hey. I'm new so be easy on me...:)

burgundyelf
03-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Hey, this is my most resent peice...go ahead and critique...don't feel you have to hold back... . Hope to meet you all.

Media ( freehand sketch and paint in Photoshop 5.5. No filters used. Just paint.)

Much of the detail is faded, after shrinking it from 200 to 72...along with shrinking it.http://www.geocities.com/sanctuarydoors/ganya.html

ps-how do I post the picture here? It didn't work for me. *hits herself in the head*

(...)
03-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Hey, this is my most resent peice...go ahead and critique

I like it. It's kinda got a sort of pre-renaissance quality to it, with the pale skin, the gaunt features, the flat perspective, the focus on nature imagery etc. My only critique would be that the edges of the character look all smudgy and blurry. If it's deliberate then fair enough, but I've just seen way too many PS images where blurring has been used as a cheap way to hide pen outlines.

ps-how do I post the picture here? It didn't work for me. *hits herself in the head*

You type ...

[ img ]

... then the url of your picture, then ...

[ /img ]

... only without all the spaces.

dtek8
03-22-2002, 02:22 PM
niiiiice!!:)

the only thing i can suggest is avoid using black 4 shadowing,, as it appears u have done,, as this dirtys the Color, use darker shades of Color!!!:)

hope this helps!!

d

burgundyelf
03-22-2002, 11:01 PM
thank you both for your face blushing comments...and critiques.

You are right it is to smudgy... odd that I didn't realize it before...

and as for the black shading a no-no?...good idea....I'll hold back, sometimes I just can't help myself..

Sangotten
03-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Nice work!

I have to agree on the Not-to-use-black-for-shading part also it looks a bit greenish, but overall I think it's a great piece of work!

Korgath
03-25-2002, 03:48 PM
Great image! :)

One small thing: I think the chin of the char. is a little bit to rough, masculine... Might just be me... :confused:

burgundyelf
03-25-2002, 11:23 PM
Korgoth.
No...it isn't you
I have this stoooopid way of making all my women to masculine and men to feminine. *sigh* I need to work on that...
Thanks for the feedback!:)

dim5um
03-26-2002, 09:44 AM
i dont really see a disadvantage of your working style in making women masculine and male feminine..... it can kind of become your trademar...yar get what i mean? hahah guys sort of get tired sometimes in looking and toooo feminine stuff....i like the way you painted it....nice stuff......=]

burgundyelf
03-26-2002, 11:30 PM
odin
hey thanks... a trademark or...I can just paint drag queens the rest of my life.:shrug:

Korgath
03-26-2002, 11:34 PM
lol :D

That would be a trademark.

Have you (burgundy) made something else?

burgundyelf
03-27-2002, 07:02 AM
I have...though I'm not sure whether I want to post them.... my website is www.geocities.com/sanctuarydoors
if your interested...:wavey:

Korgath
03-27-2002, 11:51 AM
I really like "Chemical Imbalance", "Kyria" and "Venus". :thumbsup:

burgundyelf
03-27-2002, 11:00 PM
HEY THANKS!!!
I know I have much to improve on... but it means alot to know I'm headed in the right direction.... :p

myhighschooler
03-28-2002, 12:32 PM
hey your work is quite good. Especially the expressions :D

And using burn tool for shadowing may be a good taste too.
Otherwise I think you can use a gradient of a color to black for shadowing because it emphasizes the color of the light...

Keep up :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.