PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Catmull-Clark Mesh Geometry

danylyon
11-18-2006, 06:08 PM
One of the new features of MRAY 3.5 ar CCMeshes.
Is it possible to use them in Maya 8?

danylyon
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
sorry for bumping this.. I just think I've read somewhere this is possible (albait not straight forward).. Now I can't find anything anymore.

Lamster
11-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Actually, the unfortunate thing is this. If it was working, there'd probably be people talking about it. cc meshes may be usable in Mental Ray 3.5, but there doesn't seem to be any support for it from Maya at the moment. It's a mental ray new feature, not a maya new feature.

That being said, I don't even know if it's working on the mental ray side of things. So yea, tough luck.

The apparent lack of support for the cc meshes (in case there is and I'm totally wrong about this) isn't the only thing that is missing. There are also the new final gather modes that were said to be available, but ended up being unavailable.

Terence

danylyon
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the answer Lamster.

Maybe somebody will come up with a trick someday. I mean, the final gather modes seem to be accesible with a trick. Why not ccmeshes.
We can only hope... or wait for maya 9, booh

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.