PDA

View Full Version : new animation for critique

onemanmedia
12-31-2001, 01:16 AM
Hey,
I just finished my latest animation. I would like to get some feedback.
Thanks,
Chad
http://www.onemanmedia.com/scanman.html

luigi
01-03-2002, 04:37 AM
great animation very good movement

I only have one think too say:I think if the text cashier training 2002 move a bit with the music it cool be mor fun.

What software had you used?

Sorry if i have mistakes in english.

Very geat work:) :) :)

ACFred
01-03-2002, 05:20 AM
Hey,

I just took a look at your animation. It looks like a good start.
There are a couple of trouble areas and they deal with timing.

Generally, I think you need to make everything more snappy.
Most of the actions seem to have the same speed of execution, which makes the animation seem dull. Some examples:

The wave in the beginning. Its timing looks rather random.

When hopping, the character should spring up fast and then slow at the top. You have the anticipation down OK, but the payoff isn't there.

Please, no more bullet time effects!

Lastly, I think you should push the exageration of your poses a bit more. They look like they stop just short of where they should.

I think your animation is headed in the right direction. Right now, I think it plays too long simply because it seems as if you didn't tweak the keyframe tangents to sharpen the execution of the poses.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Alec

onemanmedia
01-05-2002, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. the bullet time effect is a big hit with the client. This is for Michaels Stores cashier training course , which I developed as well, so anything to add some fun to it is valuable. This effect may have been overdone to people in the industry, but for someone running a register, its still pretty cool. The software I used is Lightwave 7. I completed it in about 8 days, then had to get it delivered.
Thanks again for the feedback,
Chad

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.