PDA

View Full Version : Image Based Lighting Problem

rustbucket
11-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey folks,

Whenever I try to render in mental ray using Image Based Lighting, I get the following error.

// Warning: (Mayatomr.Nodes) : mentalrayIblShape2: IBL ignored. File texture not found, or constant black input color. //

I've tried starting a completely new scene, creating a sphere, and turning on FG and IBL, but I still get the same error. I have isolated the problem to the HDRI files themselves, as IBL works fine with a normal picture. I have 10 HDR files im using to test the problem, all are working hdr files that open in photoshop.

Anyone know whats up?

Thanks in advance!

fabergambis
11-18-2006, 10:46 AM
Sometimes this Warning message appears to me too, but in the end rendering works fine.

olcho
11-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Are you familiar with HDR Shop? Perhaps you can try to open the hrd in it and reasve it...
I'd play around a bit with the image itself too. perhaps it might do some good...

BlackStorm
11-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Can you share that File ( wich is you rendered ) ?
let me render here then we can find the problem

rustbucket
11-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Ill put that file up for you BlackStorm when I get home today BlackStorm.

rustbucket
11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Strange, i've downloaded a new HDR image and now it seems to be working fine. I originally switched my old HDR images from my mac to my PC, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Thanks for all the help.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2006, 07:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.