PDA

View Full Version : Environment - Torré de Belém

Uzziel
11-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey. I found an image of this tower on the net, liked it and thought I would model it. I would like to make it a next gen building. Started modeling it last night, fun so far. Feed back is welcome. Thanks!

3DSMAX 8

http://www.geoff-hill.com/images/belem_WIP01.jpg

Dennispls
11-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Not a bad start but the scale seems a bit off in some areas (not too much but a bit)

Gamedev
11-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Hey Geoff,

its looking good. I saw your Boanerges art test on your site this week as well. My only crit on this far is the mid section of the building. In the photo its about 3 windows high and in your model you seem to have cut one out. Either way its looking good. Are you going to match the photo on texture as well?

TopherMartini
11-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Not a bad start but the scale seems a bit off in some areas (not too much but a bit)
I think that might just be the FOV / Focal Length differences in the picture and the 3D camera. Notice how the photo perspective gets narrower at the top while the render has a different perspective.

Great start man, now keep adding detail! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2006, 02:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.