PDA

View Full Version : Holly Grail

arnofx3d
11-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Monty Python's Holly Grail.

Hi there!

I didn't post for a while 'cause I was doing this:

http://www.arnofx3d.com/newt.jpg
http://www.arnofx3d.com/newt.mov (about 9sec, 4.5Mo)

I think that's the final, but we never know...
So please, tell me what's good, what's not.

Thanks.
Arno.

Ontaious
11-17-2006, 04:25 AM
I love the facial expressions and how the taller gent looks at the camera. I just wish the moving hold held for just a bit longer. Maybe have him blink a couple of times at the very end as if dumb founded.

My only other crituque is that there seems to be a lot of poses back to back. Like the characters don't have enough time to get settled into them. If that makes sense.

But your moving holds, and follow through are fantastic! Keep up the good work!

-Ontaious

arnofx3d
11-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Hi Ontaious!
Thank you for your critics!

Arno.

GrassStain
11-20-2006, 04:53 AM
i like the sound bite.

as far as the animation goes. i think the shorter guys eyes in the begining of the clip are a little robotic. i also think the legs of the taller fellow act a little robot tic as well. i agree with Ontaious too. the pose's seem kind of rushed.

hope that helps. keep up the good work.

michelbidart
11-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I'll give you my critique and I'll start with the bad news. I really don't like the turn of the taller guy. I don't know why you decided to lead with the chest, but something is not right. Maybe it's the fact that there is little to no antecipation and the body stops too sudden. Or it's the fact that the hips make 2 separate movements (on Y, then X, if I'm not mistaken). Maybe if you tried overlapping them for some frames... And I really don't understand why the right knee is delayed so much. It's not natural to keep your legs apart like that. Either make it faster or make it so he shifts his weight to the other foot before the knee rolls in. Also, the arms on the blue guy do some crazy stuff just before the middle of the clip, probably because you're going IK all the way. I'd suggest rekeying some of those frames so it does more of an arc and maybe fix the shoulder when his right arm goes up, before he crosses the arms. Oh, and when he crosses it, only his arms are moving. It's not very noticeable, but I felt like his arms flashed from frame to frame because the body doesn't react to it. The timing of the body is pretty good, I love it that he holds the down position then snaps back up.
On a positive note, I really like your timing and you do have some great poses, even some great inbetweens and moving holds. It's just some of the transitions that seem a little off, and that's easy to fix. This will possibly turn into a great animation clip. Good job.

diegosocart12
11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
First off, I would like to say, great pick for an audio clip. Secondly, I agree with michaelbidart, that you have some good poses. My crit is very similar to his. I believe you should lead with your character's hips and not his chest and the leg is much too delayed. It should really only lag a couple frames behind, if you want that trailing sense of movement. Also, with your blue man, right before he says "got," his eyes close, and that's fine, but when his lids close, you have his brows going up, which practically never really happens. It would read better and make more sense if you have his brows mimic his eyelids. Other than that, keep working and it should make some great leaps and improve a lot.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.