PDA

View Full Version : thief jump, need comments and critics :)

Nodixal
11-16-2006, 10:06 AM
http://nodixal.cgsociety.org/gallery/430223/thanks.

Ontaious
11-17-2006, 08:18 AM
It looks pretty solid. The biggest thing I see is when he comes down you've got a nice sense of weight as his body flies forward, but when he comes back it just kind of stops. I'd say give his body more of a pendulum effect thats slowing down. So something like

|__________|_______|___|__|_|_|||

(I hope that little diagram makes sense.) Yeah, a little more swing would be nice :)

And I love the way you rendered it, great stuff.

divanovic
11-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi,
looks really good, nice work.
Swing is a bit confusing because of his position before the jump... Looks like he was hanging upside down in the vent, dunno if U understand what I mean.

Other than that, good work
Cheers

wtoddk
11-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Look really cool....I would reiterate the others is saying that the landing could use a little work. For me, itīs that it's sooo clean. I would maybe add just 1 or 2 frames between the moment that his feet hit the floor, to where he kneeling....and perhaps add some secondary motion to the head after the feet hit and he's going down to kneel. That whole part is a little rigid. But other than that, great work!

What's he going to do next?

tanghuiyung
11-18-2006, 12:00 AM
It is a pretty good. I like it. But I still have some suggestions for you. In my opinion, it looks a little stiff when he touchs on the ground. Maybe you could increase the up and down movement on his leg, feet and torso after he touchs the floor. I think it looks more natural. :bounce:

Nodixal
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
thanks for all the tips :D ill be posting an updated version pretty soon, i worked on it a lot this week.

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2006, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.