PDA

View Full Version : Did you brush your teeth?

kruugs
11-16-2006, 05:27 AM
Hello Good People,

I have just finshed my first blocking pass of a new animation using a sound clip from the movie Uncle Buck.

I am looking for a crit on my poses and timing....or anything else that you can see.

This scene is about a Dad that is suspicious about whether or not his son has been brushing his teeth before bedtime. So he asks him, and ends up casually telling his son a little story to make sure he does brush his teeth.

http://www.sheldonkruger.com/about.html

I would really apppreciate any comments that you may have.

Thank you.

***Alfred rig is from Rodri Torres
***Theo rig is from Vi Cuong Van

xeffe
11-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Good start! The only thing I would do is brake up the camera shots. First have the camera as it is now to establish the setting. Then a couple of head shots of the father and son, just to draw some more Interest. Then the full shot to show the sons exit. Thats my 2 cents.

Keep up the good work.

kruugs
11-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Thank you xeffe!

I had thought about possibly doing camera cuts. I'll see if I can figure out anything that might work.

More comments from anyone are appreciated. :)

Todd2Harry
11-17-2006, 02:46 AM
THAT'S HORRIBLE!. . . The clip, that is. Your animatic is great. But who does that to a child?

As for the camera moves. . . I would leave it how it is. Surprisingly the closer you get to a character the less interesting the shot and actions become. However, after further investigation you might want to put your close up on that first pause around frame 280 or so. But I would try to keep it to a minimum. What you have right now is golden :thumbsup:

Delucubus
11-17-2006, 02:59 AM
I'd have to agree about leaving the camera cuts out. I think you've got some cool poses going on between the father and son. Cutting to their faces might give you an opportunity to show off some facial stuff, but i like it how it is.

kruugs
11-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey }{()()]{ and Delucubus! Thank you so much for you time and comments. I'm not really sure if I will end up doing the camera cuts or not. I might just spend some more time on the boy when hes playing the video game. Right it really only his head and wrists that are moving. I'll try to make it more interesting.

Thanks again!!:thumbsup:

More comments are welcomed and appreciated from anyone. :)

Sky
11-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Besides the camera cuts, I think this is looking great! I wish I had some critique for ya, but I really don't. It's looking good and I can't wait to see the final polished version.

CGTalk Moderation
11-20-2006, 09:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.