PDA

View Full Version : verticies

Saek
11-15-2006, 10:21 PM
ok well i have only just started to use 3Ds max 7, and aint very good to say the least. anyway im making a human well girl at the moment and have almost finished the torsoe, BUT! i have run into some problems, i dont have the right Vertices in the right places, well actually i do but i need more. so does anyone know how to make more Vertices ? like for example i have on my boob, a poly right on the end of it so its flat, and i need a vertici in the middle of the poly, am i able to do this? also around the bottom of the boob i need more Vertices so i can round it off and make it look like a BOOB! not a pieces of weird flabby fat.

if anyone has some answers to weather i can or cannot do this it would be greatly appreciated to hear from you.

thanks

glynnsmith
11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Hey,

There are a load of ways to make extra verts. I'm not sure of your topology (linking to a picture would help :P), but a technique I'd possibly use for the "nipple dilemma":

1) Select the face/poly that you want the vert to be centred on
2) Extrude it slightly
3) Scale the selected face/poly down
4) Weld the verts that make up the edge of the face/poly into one pole vert (more than 4 edges coming from a single vert)

Another way would be to use the cut tool to find the centre of the face by cutting from one of the flat poly's verts (Use snaps! and send to Endpoint) to a vert that sits opposite. You could also use the connect tool in a similar way, if max 7 has it (I've been using 8 for a while now and can't remember).

If you want more specific help, post us a screenshot so we have more of an understanding of your problem ;)

Hope this helps

G

Saek
11-17-2006, 06:43 AM
hey thanks, um ok im not at home at the moment so i cant give you a picture yet but ill get you one soon. but thanks for the help dude.

thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2006, 06:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.