PDA

View Full Version : LScript Idea!

Psyhke
02-10-2003, 10:19 AM
I was wondering if any LScripting gurus out there might want to tackle this little idea I had.

Okay, pretty simple: A no-requester script that would create an incremental part name or selection set (as approriate) based on the current selection. It could be hard coded to increment like 'part_XXX' or 'set_XXX'. I know it's pretty easy to assign a part name or selection set, but I keep wishing I could just hit a hotkey and have have my selection saved, no fuss, no muss. For the quick, almost scratch workspace like purpose I have in mind, verbose naming is not important. What's important is that the selection just gets saved to memory, so you can go back to it as need be (via the statistic panel of course). It would act almost like a mini selection history.

So whaddya think? Easy? Hard? I have no idea.

Wait, I know. Umm... I don't think this can be done. Nope. You would have to be some kind of super genius or something to pull this one off. Yep. Can't be done. (A little trick I learned in Psych 101 :wip: )

PS - Couldn't find anything on flay.

faulknermano
02-10-2003, 01:36 PM
as of the current lscript release, polygon parts are not supported. i'm not sure of the point selection update in 2.5.1 (because there was as bug in previous versions that did not reqister point selections as vmaps).

i've thought of that myself... never had the presence of mind to remember to do it though. :D

Psyhke
02-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Hmm... Well, if selections sets have indeed been fixed in current LScript, then that would be pretty good by itself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but polys can only belong to one part at any given time, whereas points can belong to multiple selection sets. So perhaps selection sets would be best anyhow. Maybe, just maybe, this proposed lscript could be joined wih the functionality of scripts that select points from currently selected polys, so that polys can be used as selections too. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.