PDA

View Full Version : Leguan Scenne, Spotlamp (3D)

SpotLamp
02-10-2003, 09:50 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/20062/leguan_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/20062/leguan.jpg)

Hi!

I've been using Maya for about one year and now I decided to put my recent work here too. I think I could make it really true to life but I'd like to know your oppinion.

Xtra
02-10-2003, 11:48 AM
I see nothing else than a broken link.

SpotLamp
02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Sorry :rolleyes:

slaction
02-10-2003, 02:48 PM
wireframe please :p

Waters
02-10-2003, 02:57 PM
How did you light this. Very realistic!

ceql
02-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Nice Work!! mmm photoreal :D :D

flaagan
02-10-2003, 07:08 PM
first off, replace the tree branch texture so it's not so obvious that it's repeating.

past that lil nitpick, onto the iguana.

the spikes are great.
the texture is great.
the body size is the problem.
i've got a pet iguana, and she's a huge bugger (~3-4 feet, though that's small by average iguana sizes). the texture on your iguana reminds me of her, except the body on yours seems like it went on a crash diet. fatten out the body some and round it off, and the texture should work better. also, increase the arm size some to match the body.

great work, and please post more of your stuff! (and of course a wireframe for this model :applause: )

j00st81
02-10-2003, 08:47 PM
wow, great work!
almost looks like a painting

I agree with the tree branch texture, it looks a bit odd ;)

awsome pic though:bounce:

Theta-Dot
02-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Ooga booga. I think I'm in love. :drool:
good stuff :thumbsup:

=ThetaDot=

zoso
02-10-2003, 10:18 PM
neat

Valkyrien
02-10-2003, 10:19 PM
simply excellent!:eek:

Koma
02-10-2003, 10:24 PM
i wanna see an anim...i wanna see an anim...i wanna see an anim... really cool ..........:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Heber
02-10-2003, 10:26 PM
whoa excelllent work , did you use maya's renderer if so , what kinda setup, very very nice :applause:

WhiteRabbitObj
02-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Depressing, makes me miss my iguana a lot. Had to leave him at home while I'm at school =(

But, as an iguana owner of nearly 13 years I can make some informed critiques. First of all, there is something wrong with his spikes on his back, they are too big by a little bit I think and appear to be too round as well, they are extremely thin (my iguana is 10 and many of his larger spikes have broken off tips over the years because they are so big and thin). The spec setting on the spikes also seems to be a little too high, they aren't white at all but a more mottled blue-grey color when you examine them. They also have varied translucence in them, if you want to get that technical.

His head also has a few problems, the skin around his eyes should be offwhite, not black, I have never seen an iguana with black shade around his eyes and mine certainly doesnt. It's more of a greyish white with some green in there. His eyeball is also not quite right, I could go into depth about it because I have often marvelled at how unique iguanas' eyes are but suffice to say, they have a black pupil, with a faint outline of gold around that, with a golden iris around that. At the edge of the eye there is a more reddish brown area which indicates stress level, for my iguana, he's always been somewhat stressed out I guess because his eyes have a larger portion of this, its the same as bloodshot for humans.

His fingers don't look long enough, we can really only see the thumb from this angle but it definitely looks like it should be about 50% longer. Back to what I was saying with the spikes earlier, as they travel down the back and nearl the base of the tail they rapidly turn into short hard sharp spikes, I can't tell for sure but I'm not sure if this transition is happening or if they're just getting smaller. That's fairly important.

Last few things, the first spike near his head seems to be coming out on top of his head, this doesn't happen, but maybe it's just the angle. It looks like it needs to be moved a bit further down his neck. His mouth needs to meet more perfectly at the front, it appears that his top jaw extends beyond his lower jaw a bit, which also doesn't happen unless the iguana has a disease (which, unfortunately my first one got and died of).

Lastly, I have never seen an iguana with white markings as pronounced as the ones on your model. There are a few white marks on some iguanas but aside from the obvious green, there is also a good deal of orange and a lot of blue undertones (rarely, iguanas will be entirely or mostly blue).

All that being said, and it seems like a lot of negative.... this is FANTASTIC! I can only imagine how much work went into this, your attention to detail is fantastic and everything I said was just anatomical stuff. I hope you can make some of these changes and post some more shots, I really love this work. Great job!

stephen2002
02-10-2003, 10:53 PM
looks very realistic, especially if you don't know what an iguanna looks like off hand.

I have to agree, the area around the eyes looks too dark. Other than that this is fantastic work.

JDaniel
02-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Great job texturing!:thumbsup:

Shaykai
02-11-2003, 03:23 AM
awesome job man, i used to own an iguana, but he died a while back (although most vets say he lived a long life for an iguana). At first i thought that you were going to model an iguana off that picture you posted, then i realized that was your iguana! Great job man.

DevonH
02-11-2003, 04:14 AM
lookin good... Is it rigged?

Fitharn
02-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Incredibly realistic piece of art. I showed it to a friend who isn't into graphics and he thought it was a photograph :)

verti
02-11-2003, 09:28 AM
are you using Maya bulit in renderer? TELL ME THA TRUTH

lildragon
02-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Incredible! Some good crits were brought fourth in regards to the model, most are nitpicking, and you know when that happens the art in question is dang good ;). I love everything about it, the look (albeit a bit different, which is all good IMO) and the render especially, wow MR? The only thing that I would change is the size of the filmgrain :)

I really would love to see some other angles and a wire shot though :)

With that said

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Keep rocking!.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_feb03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the .psd file

salud

lildragon
02-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Send me a higher res also ;)

salud

rode
02-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Szia!
Hát gratula!!! Itt 5 csillagot kapni kb annyi mint egy fél Oscar díj :) A Choice Award-ról nem is beszélve :)

Látod csak megérte felrakni.

üdv rode:beer:

SpotLamp
02-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Hy!

This picture was made before the rendering

http://images.render.hu/img/4986.jpg

Rendering MentalRay and Maya def. render.
Compositing AfterEffects

Ben Shore
02-12-2003, 01:25 AM
Niiice!
For my part I just love that it doesn't look CG-ish, if your going to do a still shot there's no excuse not to have it exploit every trick possible for a nice image, and this one does :)

LeConcorde
02-12-2003, 01:59 PM
I don't think there is any problem with its size, excellent work. i'll keep waiting to see more new cool work!!! :applause:

NightSRain
02-14-2003, 10:07 PM
GOOD~~!it so like a photo ,very good work!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.