PDA

View Full Version : Vu6 I performance analysis document in PDF

RenderFred
11-15-2006, 03:29 PM
You can download it here http://renderfred.free.fr/articles.html

I will update it from time to time with new information, figures, benchmarks, etc. For now it can be useful to people wanting to know more about the 32/64 bit differences, the multithreading abilities, efficiency per core, improvements between V5I and V6I, non-linear render time increase in some scenes, etc.

NiGMa
11-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Wow! its amazing that its basically 2x faster on most scenes, thanks for putting this together!

Thanks to you, we ordered Vue6I yesterday and we should have it downloaded soon! BTW why did e-on limit the speed their little downloader downloads at? I have a 700KB/sec connection but its sitting on 50KB/sec, annoying. :wise:

RenderFred
12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone,

there is a new revision of the document (1.02). New additions :

- the introduction of the VueMark rendering benchmark for Vue 6 Infinite, with results for various machines (including the new Core 2 Extreme QX6700 CPU).
- a demonstration of the minimal influence of memory bandwidth on Vue render speeds (section 3.1).

Link in the first post.

Kevin Sanderson
12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Thank you for the update, Frederic!

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.