PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft warns of 5 "critical" security holes

RobertoOrtiz
11-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Quote:
"Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday issued five "critical" security patches to fix flaws in its software that the company warned could allow attackers to take control of a user's computer."

>>LINK<< (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061114/tc_nm/microsoft_security_dc)

-R

Signal2Noise
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Yet once again...this is CG News because....?

havokzprodigy
11-15-2006, 06:45 PM

Yet once again, why are you so worried about it?
If the forum leaders deem it worthy of cg news just let it be.
90+% of the people work with windows to do their cg so this is very relavent to us windows cg'ers.

Squash-n-Stretch
11-15-2006, 06:52 PM

YOU AGAIN! *faint*

This is CG news because had it been put in General Chat I probably would have missed it because a hundred threads would have been posted in instead. Please stop nagging him about what you consider and what you don't consider to be CGNews.

Thanks Roberto...d/ling now.

Fredl
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
I was hoping it would address a flaw in the Windows firewall, that allows remote hackers to switch off the firewall. Unfortunately, when I read the list of things patched, I can't see any reference to fixing the firewall.

The other thing I think they need to work on is making Internet Explorer more robust to phishing attacks. IE7's new anti-phishing feature seems to miss about half of these exploits.

Hopefully they will one day fix these outstanding vulnerabilities.

@ce
11-15-2006, 08:38 PM
how is this CG news? It's put in the category...'dangers to your cg projects and it's data'

Signal2Noise
11-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Okay, whatever guys. If you think Microsoft security hole announcements (redundant since security holes and their updates are a fact of owning Windows) are deemed CG News worthy then I'll keep my mouth shut...or my fingers from clicking "reply".

YOU AGAIN! *faint*

Thanks for the kind sentiment. No really.

TumikSmacker
11-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Signal2Noise probably started a couple of threads that got shot down for their purpose on the forum. The difference is Roberto posts news thats 98% of the time interesting and informative about 'computers' in any form. Thanks for the news and Signal dont get down on yourself :D

bloodbunnys
11-16-2006, 03:42 AM
Oh god what in the hell does this have to do with CG? Seems like a mod just posting things that need to be in the tech forum not in CG. Just move it. Just because windows in used to run your software does not make anything done on the computer cg news. thats why the forums got broke into differnt forums. I play Ps2 games on my PC does that make it CG news? Come on havokzprodigy I'm slow not retarded. Move this to Tech forums WERE IT GOES.

RobertoOrtiz
11-16-2006, 03:49 AM
Guys, lets all switch to decaf.

:)

Guys I dont have any agenda,
I just fell that since this affects all of us who use PC for working and rendering it is news worthy.

Anywa, lets get back on topic.

-R

Glenfx
11-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Roberto.. dont mind the slow people ;), we love you man.

On topic: This might be the move from microsoft to set a winXP timer bomb, so when vista goes out to market the windows xp's will start having serious issues and people will be forced to move to vista XD.
On the serious side, i have the bad feeling that when vista comes out there will be several attacks to computers using winxp.

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2006, 04:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.