View Full Version : Photoshop girl

suttercane
02-10-2003, 05:33 AM
done in photoshop with a wacom tablet.

http://mark.orbsydia.com/images/asiadrawing.jpg

chrisdejoya
02-10-2003, 05:44 AM
vavavoom.

i guess the hair looks a little uncertain, but the image looks like an overexposed b&w photo, and i mean that in a good way.

Creepstown
02-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Ah yes.
The lovely Asia Argento.

I remember the original photo being pretty overexposed, so i've go no problems with that. But you should say that you used a photo reference.

Her face seems kinda off. Her facial features are too far apart or streched somewhat. The rest of her body is done very nicely, especially HER LEFT hand. Thought the area between HER LEFT breast and arm seem to fall flat.
Overall, very nicely done, watch out for funny halos around the edges, and keep up the good work.

suttercane
02-10-2003, 02:26 PM
thanks guys.... yea i have often came across the problem of the halos, and they r a pain to get rid of, any suggestions? Also Snowfly, what exactly is off with the hair? Thanks for the input. :beer:

Pancreas
02-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Mmmm i think the face itīs a bit off. Imagine the face youīve drawed without the bang over it. Nose and mouth seem "cut", two pieces each one. When drawing shapes or objects overlaping, draw first the background object and then the foreground object. Faster and better. I donīt know if i explain myself.
The hands look great :thumbsup:

chrisdejoya
02-10-2003, 03:56 PM
hi suttercane, I was thinking along the lines of it not fitting with the rest of the picture. In contrast to the nice looking values you have on the rest of her, the hair looks has more blacks and is sharper than any other area in the pic, which has a hazy feel to it..almost like you scribbled in the hair as an afterthought. Still if that's what the ref photo shows, then good job. It's still an awesome pic overall, which is how it wound up in my 'OOhAh' folder in the first place.

-Chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.