PDA

View Full Version : loop with the point cache ?

l2k
11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi all. :)

I had to merge a character (biped/physique) into a scene that had a diffrerent unit scale...

i solutionned the problem by adding a point cache on the animated character scene, merging the character mesh in the main scene, and recalling the point cache.
that works pretty well

the new problem is : how reapeat the point cache animation ?

thx

wtoddk
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Nope... You're right, no loop with the Point Cache. I think you'll have to duplicate the Point Cache modifier, and on the second one just change the Start Time to the frame after where the first one finished.

Hope that fixes it!

l2k
11-15-2006, 05:06 PM
hehe :)

i've already tried this ;)

but it seems that there is NOWAY AT ALL to do it.

so, i'm gonna repeat my biped moves, and re-export the point cache...

thx man

wtoddk
11-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Where did it not work for you? I tried it just now again and it worked fine.

-Todd

l2k
11-17-2006, 06:04 PM
if i put some point cache modifiers, max only use the first in the stack. regardless if it starts at frame 0, 50, 100, nothing

wtoddk
11-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I dunno..., worked for me. I just changed the start frame on each Point Cache modifier. This was in max 8, too.

.src.visualisation
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
I realise I'm bringing up an old thread, but just in case anyone finds it after a search, like I did, but can't find the answer, I thought I'd post the solution I found to this problem as I've found the way to loop a point cache file (this may be common knowledge, but I'm glad I've got it now!):

In the Point Cache modifier options, under the Playback Type rollout, select Playback Graph as the type, then keyframe the Frame number. My loop runs for 37 frames (0-36). So I keyed frame 0 as value 0, frame 36 as value 36 etc. Then I keyed frame 37 as value 0, frame 73 as value 36 and so it continues.

Hope this may be of use to anyone struggling.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.