PDA

View Full Version : rockem sockem robots, honest crits please

notLee
11-14-2006, 05:18 PM
first and foremost i dont really consider myself to be an animator, i more enjoy inorganic environment modeling but ive been asked to post this 27 seconds of animation by my professor

theres a couple split second shots missing here and there and theres no transitions as its all playblasts but id really appreciate any crits and comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=700MgA66gtQ

Sky
11-14-2006, 05:58 PM
HAHA! I gotta say. I enjoyed that a lot. The part where they were both throwing punches with the camera spinning was really funny. The only suggestion I have is on the part where the blue guys knocks the red guy out of the ring. His punch doesn't feel like it has any weight or force behind it other than the fact red goes flying. It looks like hes just touching him with his arm.

notLee
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
yeah ive thought the same, prolly just needs more aniticipation and follow through
he kinda swings his arm back pretty fast...thanks for the crit!

Sky
11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
I went onto youtube and found some knockout punches. I think it would look more powerful if he put more of his torso weight behind the punch. Not so much that he looks off balance, but enough that it looks like theres some power behind it. And like you said, more follow through. His arm stops once it makes contact with red. Have it continue on like hes punching through red, not into him.:thumbsup:

notLee
11-14-2006, 10:10 PM
ill probably not have him go back to his pre-punch position at all and just have the punch continue

cmon guys any comments or crits are welcome :D

dARCKLOWN
11-15-2006, 12:40 AM
The animation looks pretty good so far.

The spin around shot of them both punching each other goes for way to long, I know the joke is that their suppose to be robotic repedative punchs but any more 2 maybe 3 seconds and it makes it stale and boring.

I wouldnt go into slow mo right after the pan, maybe stay in quick fast hard punchs then when he makes contact with the final punch go into slowmo.

Keep it up :)

notLee
11-16-2006, 01:07 AM
ive had comments on both sides of the fence about the circle pan shot, i can def see shortening it but i probably wont go down as small as 2-3, as for the slowmo after it, slow motion doesnt actually start until right before the big punch contact, if the shot immediately following the circle pan seems like slowmo then i should speed it up, hopefully thats what you mean...thansk again btw

Pure-Lake
11-18-2006, 07:36 AM
U have to work more on the punching to look more pro. But you slowmo is great and I liked it alot!

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2006, 07:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.