PDA

View Full Version : Maskin in Fusion ( Alpha channels )

ozioz
11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
I have two different pictures that I wanna convert into a one picturte file. One of the files is a tiff file which has its own alpha information. This file shows us a part of a jungle or forest. The other one is a building which is a Hotel visulation.

You might rightly wonder Why I did not use PS for this process. So let me explain. I used Fusion in order to learn some basic features of this incredible software ( Yes I am a newbie )

When I import both of these two images into the Fusion, then connect them each other, Fusion shows me a picture that I do not wanna achive . I can not see my trees on the tiff image.

Probably, It is because that tiff file has automaticlly adjusted the alpha information. ( black and white colors )

Here is my question ;

How can I change the alpha information of a "tiff" file in Fusion. Is it possible?

Should I adjust these colors while rendering them in the main 3d application??

I have sent you guys a screeshot of this process

Hope you help me..

PiotrekM
11-15-2006, 06:09 AM
- judging from your screenshot, there is no alpha in tree tiff file.
- you connected one of your footages to mask input why? you should use merge tool to 'join' these two footages

PieterVH
11-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi Ozioz,

It appears to me you have the basics wrong. I strongly suggest going through the manual and give it a read. Skip the bits you don't get straight away, they will start to make sense as you go along. Also, take a look at this page here:

http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWeb/Techniques/fusion5_courseware/index.aspx

Going through the introduction videos will certainly solve the problems you mention.

Cheers.

ozioz
11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
I think you are right. I was in hurry.

I will take a look at the page you suggested me and also look at teh help files.

If you have a suggestion about that, please write what you know even if I am gonno study some tutorials.

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.