PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity Killed the Juice Box

spankybus
11-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Here is a short I've been workin on, literally about 22 seconds in length. Looking for honest crituque and suggestions based on adherence to the 12 principles of Animation and technique as well :-) Thanks in advance!

Click URL link to view clip, 10.5 meg in quicktime Format.

Curiousity Killed the Juicebox (http://www.spankybus.com/juicebox.mov)

Jelmer
11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
haha, that's pretty cool, i like the way the juice box deforms and moves. at the start the box comes running in, i think you should slow that down a little bit, i'm not sure why it's tapping it's 'foot' but i don't really like it. But don't take my advice too seriously, i'm not an experienced animator!
Are you going to add some camera movement or leave it static?

spankybus
11-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Thank you Jelmer, not only for taking the time to watch my clip, but posting comments after the fact (seems to be a rare thing on teh animation side of things round here). Camera is static for now. I may have camera cuts preceding teh scene, showing the juicebox just zipping along in its world of black and white, which will make the encounter with teh red button that much more significant. Lots of people like the foot tap!! lol :-) its a personal taste thing, i guess. Thanks again.

If you watch teh clip and like it, hate it, whatever, please be kind enough to tell me why>it will help me grow as an Artist. Thanks mates.

Cheers

Sky
11-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey, I know what ya mean about the animation section not getting to much attention. Anyways I just wanted to say its pretty good. I agree with Jelmer, it moves across the screen way too fast at the start. Its across in two seconds! Slow that down just a bit. Also, the first time he (or it) bends over to look at the button, when it straightens back up it pops. It looks a bit odd, I'd smooth that out a bit. Other than that its pretty good! A few changes here and there will make it even better!

spankybus
11-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Hey Sky, Thanks for takin the time to peep my work and comment. I will slow down the intro speed, so the juice box is running along a bit slower and the animation is clearer for it.

I am glad that so far, the reviews suggest its the only part in need of real attention. yay for me! lol Keep em comin, mates as I am new to animation (been a modeler/texture artist as well as a shader/lighter). Its hella fun.

guitarplayer6516
11-15-2006, 10:22 PM
hey thats really cool. do you think you could send me that rig? is it for maya?

spankybus
11-16-2006, 05:17 PM
I would love to share the rig, but sadly, I am not allowed as it is the property of Full Sail Real World Education :-(

I am allowed to say that it was created by a rigger named Brandon Hicks, who used to work at FS, but has moved on to other things.

Thanks for your post

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2006, 05:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.