PDA

View Full Version : Opencanvasing a Jedi

Pancreas
02-10-2003, 01:54 AM
HI folks! I downloaded opencanvas months ago but iīve never used it till now, so this is my first drawing. Itīs a great program, allows online painting and saves the progress of the image in a .wpe format.

Its a concept sketch for a she-jedi (yes, iīm a nerd, nice to meet you) took about one hour and half (i had a break for watching Lethal Weapon 4 :p) Iīve missed the cool brushes of painter, but i can show you the progress (you need the program in order to see it)

Hereīs the .wpe file (zip compressed, about 700kb) right click and save target here (http://www.soportalia.com/pancreas/jedi.zip)

http://www.soportalia.com/pancreas/jedi.jpg

Najd
02-10-2003, 08:42 PM
hey, good work, it's nice to see how a painting is created.

- The only thing that really bothers me are the legs... I think there's a perspective problem or something (well, and I really don't like those sort of boots, but that's personal :) ).
- Isn't the neck too long ?

anyway, it's cool

gnarlycranium
02-11-2003, 07:08 AM
I like the colors you're using, the contrast between the purple she's got on and her skin is nice... but is there any particular intent or concept behind this piece... or is she just some random partially dressed chick with weapons? :curious:

CENOBITE
02-11-2003, 08:01 AM
That program gives it a cross between watercolor and pastel. Oh yah... female Jedis are hot.

"Hello. My name is Cenobite, I am a nerd."
everyone= "Hello, Cenobite."

:buttrock:

Pancreas
02-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks for your replies! Letīs go for the counter replies:

Najd: you "only see perspective problems on the legs"? are you blind? Thereīre problems all over the drawing: small head, long neck (as youīve said), clavicle broken, too long left arm, a heel shorter than the other one, short lightsable, wrong lighting... :beer:

Gnarly Cranium: why should be there any concept behind? Itīs a half nacked chick, with a gun and a lightsable!! You donīt need more! :D Actually i pretend to model her in lowpoly, maybe for a jedi knight 2 mod, not for sure yet.

Cenobite: Exactly the point. Weīre here to help each others to pass through our illness and BECOME THE GREATEST JEDIS OF THE WHOLE GALAXY, BY THE POWER OF THE FOR..... oh, damn, Iīve been clean for a month, now back to the beginning... :shrug:

I hope youīve had fun watching my clumsy atempts of completing an image as much as Iīve got drawing it.

Kamui
02-11-2003, 07:31 PM
nice job! i know how limiting that program is...

i think her arms are too long... especially her upper arm.

anyways, I tried OC before i was able to work with painter, and i wasn't able to do anything near that :) now that i have painter though, i don't think i'd go back to open canvas!

gnarlycranium
02-12-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Pancreas
Gnarly Cranium: why should be there any concept behind? Itīs a half nacked chick, with a gun and a lightsable!! You donīt need more!

Ohhh yeaaah!! Heh, sorry, almost forgot-- silly me! :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.