PDA

View Full Version : problem at start up

Eatable_Mesh
11-13-2006, 07:29 PM
loading painter gives me "cannot load variant" and instantly closes.
if i hold shift and boot up it'll reset everything and ill lose my brush variants.

my question is, what do i copy to be able to save my brush/variants so i can hold shift, reset the app and repaste the variants to get the program working again without having to try and recreate all my brushes again?

sorry im pretty new to painter i looked in the brush folder but it just had names like, acrylic brush ect nothing with my variant names on it.

Jinbrown
11-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi,

The Painter IX application/program folder is read only so anything you change or add after the program is installed is automatically written to your Painter X User folder.

User Folder Default Path

Mac - /Users/[User Name]/Library/Application Support/Corel/Painter IX

Windows - Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Corel\Painter IX

The quickest way to back up everything you changed or added is to back up the entire Painter IX User folder. Then, after you launch Painter IX while holding down the Shift key, you can carefully restore things to the new Painter IX User folder.

Good luck!

Eatable_Mesh
11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
thank you very much Jinbrown. I'll start moving the files back over after i've defaulted the program again. good to know where it puts those files for future use.

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.