PDA

View Full Version : Additional effectors?

Mafoo
11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi all
I am very new to MB. I have a characterised model with fk\ik control rig and everything works fine. Additional to my character I have facial joints (mouth, eyes, etc) in which i would like to manipulate. Does anyone know how to add effectors to skeletons which are not with a naming convention of characterisation?

Curtis
11-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey Mafoo,

For what you are describing, there are two separate workflows that can be useful. The first is Character Extensions (in the Asset Browser>Character>Character Extension). This will allow you to add an “extension” to a character in your scene. What can you put in an extension? Anything you want! Models, constraints, properties, you name it. The character extension is then added to your character’s keying group, so when you key your control-rig (in full body mode) it will key your extension as well. What it will not do for you is to setup additional effectors – this you have to setup manually.

The second workflow here is to create Auxiliary Effectors or Auxiliary Pivot Points for your control-rig effectors. This can be done by right clicking on any of the effector points in the character controls.

Cheers,

Curtis Garton

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2006, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.