PDA

View Full Version : (R10) Some Xpresso ports missing?

Newstream
11-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Hi,

Got a very simple Xpresso setup here where User-data is used to control the position of two sliding doors. The user data is currently set up to control the Global X position of each sliding door. However, I want the User-data to control the Local X Position instead (within the hierarchy so to speak) So instead of going to Coordinates > Global Position > Global Position X, I simply want to go to: Coordinates > Position > Position X. As you can see below, Position X is not visible when this setup is built in R10.

http://www.badtastic.com/misc/xpresso.jpg

Have attached the file. Anyone understand what's going on?

Cheers / Alex

Rantin Al
11-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Looks like a "Typo" error. The ports come up with:

Real > Position X.
Vector > Position.

Alan.

Rantin Al
11-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Just to confuse the issue.

Drag another Door Object onto the editor and it has the correct fields?

Newstream
11-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Just to confuse the issue.

Drag another Door Object onto the editor and it has the correct fields?

How Bizarre !
So re-dragging the objects back into the Xpresso window somehow corrects / refreshes the fields if they happen to show up corrupted or missing.
Cheers Alan, :thumbsup:
I was going bananas here, trying to figure out why R10 was doing this to me because it worked as expected in R9.

/ Alex

Rantin Al
11-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Another wierdo is why do I get Vector where you have Real, and in a different sequence?

What system are you on OSX-files? :eek:

Newstream
11-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Another wierdo is why do I get Vector where you have Real, and in a different sequence?

What system are you on OSX-files? :eek:

I'm running R10 on a clean Windows XP install. :shrug:
/ Alex

Rantin Al
11-13-2006, 01:07 AM
That was my attempt at a joke.:D
Anyway, I'm testing your file on a Mac. I thought you were too, from your avatar sig.

Fire the file off to Maxon anyway, why should we have all the fun.
Glad it is partially resolved anyway.

Cheers, Alan.

Newstream
11-13-2006, 01:39 AM
That was my attempt at a joke.:D
Anyway, I'm testing your file on a Mac. I thought you were too, from your avatar sig.

Ah, I see. Sorry for the the confusion. Although I have a MacBook Pro,(which made me see the light) my main work station (to which my licence is connected) is unfortunately still a PC. However, once Leopard is released, I'm going for a MacPro, transferring my licenses and saying bye to Windows.
/ Alex

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.