PDA

View Full Version : ? nVidia AGP Quadro FX 4000

sadicus
11-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Looking for info on the nVidia AGP Quadro FX 4000
Beside the two digital outs, what is the other output? I thought it was an S Video.
What type of adapter is this, and what is it used for?
Is there a way to connect out from this card to a Projector?

thanks for any help with this!

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8030/nvidiaquadrofx4000helpkt7.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8030/nvidiaquadrofx4000helpkt7.jpg)

RiKToR
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I am pretty sure it is an S-Video Out.

And if you get a DVI to VGA you can hook a projector up to this card or by using the S-Video connector

sadicus
11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
That's what i thought too, howerver, i have S video out on my laptop and this is not the same. I looked through 4 different pdf files (http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/nVidia-Quadro-FX-4000-ftopict208523.html#) including the: FX4500 that has diagrams of the card pointing to everything Except what i'm asking about. The closet Clue i have found is:
Display Connectors DVI-I+DVI-I+Stereo

I+Stereo what the heck is that?

ihavenofish
11-12-2006, 05:39 PM
the little s-video looking port is actually for stereo shutter glasses.

lots
11-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I+Stereo what the heck is that?

Replace the +s in your post with a space and it makes more sense :)

DVI-I DVI-I and Stereo

Like the post above, this is for stereo shutter glasses...

Its also possible, that the card actually has a break out box, or set of cables that connect to this Svideo-like plug. Off this breakout box should be connections for all sorts of things, Svideo, RCA, etc...

ihavenofish
11-13-2006, 02:26 PM
theres no break out on the base quadros that i know.
theres usually 3 quadro variants. the base (fx4000 say) with dual dvi and sometimes stereo. then theres the sdi version, which is a double height card with serial digital IO. this is used for io on pro HD cameras, decks and the like. then theres the G version (fx4000G) which has a small additional card with Genlock. this is a special purpose card for things like broadcast which allows multiple machines and displays and televisions to sync perfectly.

i dont thing there has been any analogue IO on the quadro line for some time. maybe noone wants it anymore.

later

sadicus
11-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Thanks! The Docs online were NO Help at all.
I must have the Base AGP QFX DVI-I DVI-I and Stereo.
I have no use for the stereo thing unless i can find a way to adapt it as S video out.
Is there such a way to convert from any of these types of out ports to S video?

ihavenofish
11-14-2006, 02:42 PM
you can probabaly fine little add on boxes that will take the vga signal (or maybe even the dvi) and convert it to other things.

lots
11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Technically it should be possible to convert a DVI-I signal into an svideo signal. As DVI-I provides an analogue connection. Wheather or not such a converter exists is another question :) But it is technically possible.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.