PDA

View Full Version : Break, Shatter or Explode Things - My Simple Approach Tut's

Spongebob2
11-12-2006, 02:52 PM
I just thought I should share my little tut's over here too for any C4d'ers.

I had wanted to make this little tutorial for some time, but just finally did it. And note it is the first one I have done ever, so I am still learning.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy and can get use out of, and I will continue to make a couple more tut's showing how to do a few more fun things I like to do with this approach.

Here is the link below...

Link to my Tutorial 1 Page (http://ineffable-art.com/tuts)

I have included the video of how to do it, the start file and the finished file.
Hope you guys like it. And let me know what ya think...

seco7
11-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Ingenious. Looking forward to your next installment.

Continuumx
11-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Nice work! Had fun again with R10 demo. Now I have to add mocca to my list of things to get one day!

LucentDreams
11-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Very nice idea, seems to offer a lot more control over how an object breaks up than the Cloth tear option does.

Other3DMaster
11-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks so much. This is very helpful!!

Spongebob2
11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Very cool, well I am preparing the next installment. Hopefully I will be a little more fluid in doing the tutorial than the first one. And it will assume that you already understand how to get the basic setup of an object to break. Not that it takes that long :)

But I am going to show some simple collisions and more on objects breaking apart...and include the scene files.

Continuumx
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks for doing this, your wall break example just sticks very well in my head. You illustrated this one very well.

Kalab
12-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the tut. Vey nice. One thing, I'm still on 9.1 and the gravity has no effect. It is included in the cloth expert tab. In fact it doesn't work on your completed scene file I downloaded. Am I missing something or is this a 9.1 limitation? There are ways to et around it, but this would make it a little simpler. Thanks again.

Spongebob2
12-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I am honestly not sure on the 9.1 what the differences are, but I would assume that the simple fix is to look at the frames where you would believe that the gravity would take effect and then keyframe the gravity under the cloth tag.

Spongebob2
12-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Per a request I made a down and dirty quick video tutorial showing the explosion of a simple sphere. Again you will need the knowledge of my first tutorial for setup to move into this tutorial. It is recommended to really dissect the attached file and pay attention to the timing of the keyframes for gravity on the cloth tag. And also the key's set up for the various adjustments to the size and strength of the attractor and turbulence.

Soon I will have a more laid out and in depth tutorial with advanced techniques for realism in different situations. I have a few photo-shoots to finish before I have the time to do another serious tutorial.

So please follow the link to my site on the very first post in this topic..........................

Hope ya enjoy...

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2006, 05:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.