PDA

View Full Version : My Thanks!

ill_logic
11-12-2006, 11:47 AM
i hope this isn't too off topic or anything, (& if it is, then by all means, one of the moderators can get rid of it) but I just received my first art position in the gaming industry. but the reason i'm mainly posting is because i just wanted to thank the people on these forums who have been nice enough to help comment & critique on my work to help me progress & strive to be a better artist! thank you very much! you guys rock, hard!

um... that is all. Thanks!

-J

JuddWack
11-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Hey man, congratulations! I checked out your website. It's a nice clean design. I was suprised to see a lack of content on the 3D portion, but your 2D page owns. You mind sharing any details on the art tests they had you do, if any?

mindrot
11-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Nice one Jared.... :)

~M~

ill_logic
11-12-2006, 03:42 PM
thanks guys!

JuddWack - Thanks. I'm just a perfectionist with the 3d stuff often. So by the time I do two models, I hate the first. A lot! lol so i didn't want to show off much of the stuff i'm not really happy with. as for the art test it was pretty straightforward. just sketch up a concept & model the bust of a character you would see in their game. to be honest with you, all that went down over the past summer, so i don't quite recall the poly limits & texture limits so much, but remember they were very generous with them, as that's kinda how they are in the game. they were really cool about the test actually! shortly, i'll give my site the much needed update & post the result.

Mindrot - Thank you very much, Gary. You know, I began my job search in the UK earlier on in the summer & i nearly looked you up to buy you a beer as i was in Leicester. But thought you'd be like, who the hell is this guy? lol But thanks man, your comments & critiques have been among the most helpful. I will get you that beer somehow, eventually lol

-J

mindrot
11-12-2006, 04:19 PM
TEEHEE!!! Well if you are up here... why not :beer:

Not to worry... always glad to help if I can.... and I'm in the mood :D

Where'd you get work if I may ask?

~M~

HellBoy
11-12-2006, 04:56 PM
congratulations man

This cgtalk gaming forum is your spare time e-learning college :D

You'll learn new thing every now and then.

Well done man :thumbsup:

BigErn
11-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Congrat Jared ! good to hear that all your hard work has paid off and your in the industry! :thumbsup: those already in it can only wait until your as bitter as us all.hehe.. or maybe I was just unlucky! Best of luck with your new job tho! Ignore me......:)

LaughingBun
11-12-2006, 08:39 PM
good job! i hope i can follow in your footsteps

Psyk0
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Congrats! :deal:

benclark
11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Congratulations!

I hope you enjoy the job. You've given me great crits and help in the past.

Whats the job??

JimmyMac
11-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Congrats and best of luck in your new position. I'm with Alchemist101 here...thank you for the great help and crits! :thumbsup:

ReK0
11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
nice work, something for us all to think about and strive toward.

tin-tin
11-14-2006, 12:19 AM
congrats, loved your wips and learnt alot from them.

ill_logic
11-14-2006, 03:18 AM
thanks to all of you for the kind words & continued support!!
i had no idea that i made such an impact here. thanks! thanks very much!!

as for the position, for right now i'll just say that i'll be creating 3D content for a firm based in Reykjavik, Iceland; known for a very cool MMOG. :D i'll leave it at that for right now. i don't know how keen they are on me announcing it just yet as it just kind of became official this past week (they shouldn't mind but just to play it safe is all). we're just starting the long & tedious process of obtaining work permits & stuff, & letting all that go through. because of all that, there's no official start date yet, but we're shooting for February or March. which is cool because i can be home for the holidays. And get some extra practice in! lol

-J

SHEPEIRO
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
congrats- and i have to say me too, there must be sommit inb the air

euclidius
11-14-2006, 04:59 PM
hey good for you man! It's really nice of you to thank other people for your success, I really respect that. I hope more good things will happen for you in the future. good luck and congrats. -- oh yah. nice icon :thumbsup:

ill_logic
11-17-2006, 06:53 PM
shepeiro - thanks & congrats yourself, but i'll be posting that in your thread in a second lol

euclidius - i do think i owe a lot of where i am at now as an artist to the help of people on here. so i can't see not thanking people, but thanks! and i'm always glad when someone digs the avatar/icon/thingee. people never seem to make out the ninja outline lol anyways, thanks a lot

-J

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2006, 06:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.