PDA

View Full Version : talking tests | c&c welcome :)

syrez-one
11-11-2006, 10:38 PM
well, after 2 months of university and finishing my little 1st animation with the lizard character. i was now on making my second steps in character animation.

please c&c i need to learn alot ;)

http://www.syrez.org/gfx/hope_v01.avi || wip 5 hours
(http://www.syrez.org/gfx/hope_v01.avi)

syrez-one
11-12-2006, 12:38 PM
i wonder why anone won't respond to my threads, is the animation that bad? :) just tell me

www.syrez.org/gfx/hope_v02.avi

benjii19
11-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey, Just a few things.

- turn off the visibility of the nurbs controllers, its just distracting.

- the movement doesn't really say anything to me and is floaty to say the least. And you've got absolutely no movement in the root of the character.

turn off the sound and then watch it through and you'll see that the character doesn't seem to be alive its just moving from A to B. I think you may have the character doing a little too much as well especially with his hands and not enough in his upper body it seems a bit rigid.

Hope this helps

Ben

Juancheitor
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi there,
First of all, next time, post a smaller file, 9mb is too much for my connection, maybe thats why you donīt get replies.
concerning your animation, I think he is moving his hands way too much. the voice sounds a bit nervous, but not that much. He is mimicking every sentence, almost every word.
If you want to keep every motion because itīs important to show how is he feeling, make them smaller, donīt move both hands all the time, it keeps your attention away from the face.
Also the character doesnīt seem the best to make lipsync to me, with that big mouth. Sometimes that isnīt your choice, if the character has to be that way, you can cope with it.
Anyhow, I liked the last bit, just before he says "hope".
Keep working on it

syrez-one
11-12-2006, 04:50 PM
1. i am at my girlfriends home so i dont have any video editing tools, its just the playblast.sry for that

so, how do i get it not to move from a to b. sometimes i dont get him to do what i want.. the keys seem to be in the wrong place and the speed of movement feels strange.

the thing is i havent done blend shapes or face rigging yet. so therese no real lipsync. i thought i should try and animate first to see what i can get out of it, with a bit more of mimmicking.

and now perhaps something you will laugh about.?. i animated the arms fk. when they float i feel better with it, but having the hand on the table, ik would be the proper use(?), so do i switch during animation?

i should start over and point out what movement which is relevant right? and have it a bit more root and body movement?

big thx 4 the replies

benjii19
11-12-2006, 04:57 PM
You can switch during animation if you want or you could just animate IK all the way through, Making a switch is sometimes difficult.

take a look at this site for some tutorials on blocking out animation www.keithlango.com (http://www.keithlango.com) this might help- you out a bit.

And act it out yourself, thumbnail it so you know what performance you're after before you jump into animating. It's not a case of having something moving, its moving it for a reason. (i struggled with this when I started as everyone does i think)

Ben

dougie0047
11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey pattyn,

I agree with the others that the arms are doing too much. Perhaps it would be better if the character actually leans onto the bar or desk or whatever it is? That way you could have one arm lying on the bar itself and just make minor movements, whilst you could do all the gesturing with the other arm only. This would allow you to play alot with the characters shoulders and how he puts his weight on the desk, in order to create a bit more life in him in a more subtle way.

If you are doing a playblast and don't have the time or possibilities to render, you can still hide the control. Just put them on a separate layer and hide this layer when you are doing the playblast.

Good luck!

Dougie

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2006, 10:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.