PDA

View Full Version : 3dsMAX - softquadro

teacup
03-22-2002, 01:37 AM
I'm having a bit of a problem with softquadro drivers and 3dsmax4.2. I have a Geforce2MX and I've got the softquadro drivers installed. I used SPECviewperf to benchmark my settings and they have definetly improved according to that, some where at double the speed.
My problem is MAX doesn't seem to be going much faster, its fine with shaded viewports, but in wireframe they crawl. At the speeds that SPECviewperf was chucking wireframes about I don;t understand why MAX is so slow. Does any one know of any settings that I may need to use?
Thanks alot

Teacup

underdog
03-22-2002, 03:41 PM
You may need to change some settings in max. Go to customize/preferences/viewport and click the configure driver button. You'll have to play with these til you get a combination that works well for you.

efishta
03-22-2002, 08:22 PM
make sure you're running it in Open GL acceleration

softQuadro only enables the pro features of Open GL in the GeForce cards

Joebount
03-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Strange problem, indeed .
I have a very good acceleration with softquadro on my Geforce 3.
I'd like to know if there's a way to use Elsa's Maxtreme driver with it (since it's not a real quadro ...).

I always want more speed, I know :)

sketchguy
03-29-2002, 11:52 PM
Hey Joe,

I'm just now learning of this SoftQuadro patch and wanted to know what was the setting you chose when applying the patch? I was perusing one of the sites that had instructions and only see them refer to the equivalance between the GeForce2 cards. Based on your post, I can only assume that you have it successfully working with your GeForceIII. I have an MSI GeForceIII Ti200.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Steve

Joebount
03-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Well, I don't remember exactly, but here is the rest of my memory (damn, I need an upgrade ! :D) . I downloaded rivatuner (search with google), drivers from nvidia (not the latest because it didn't handle it), I extracted the driver into a temporary directory (use winzip), I applied two patches : the first one to enable the quadro and the second removed the driver's protection (I'm not sure it's the correct order, give it a try :) ). Finally, I installed the patched drivers and with rivatuner I enabled the quadro (0 to 1 into the quadro value). If it doesn't work, look on Internet.

jazzthief
03-31-2002, 02:09 AM
This site is one of the better sites breaking down the SoftQuadro procedure with screenshots to customize the setting. Including downloads.

http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

I'd recommend copying and pasting the instruction on a Word document and print the outline.

:david:

catsailor
04-07-2002, 12:53 PM
be sure to install to install the Maxtreme drivers which can be downloaded from Nvidia or Elsa, they won't increase Specview
scores, but they sure speed up Max a lot, if configured correctly

good luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.