PDA

View Full Version : I need a new site to host video tutes

IvanB
11-11-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi all,

Due to the rude changes that esnips (The free site, where i have my video tutes) have made, changing the video format from quicktime small file sizes, to flash files that are 4 times bigger and 3 time less quality..I need a new site to host my videos.

Im thinking of creating my own site with atleast 1gig of space...or another free site simular to esnips...I have noticed a lot of you have your own sites, and thought you could point me in the right direction.

Where to go and what to do..I dont mind paying for the site as long as its not too much.

Any help would be appreciated...otherwise all my current a future tutes will be available!...If you try to download the videos now..a 4mb file is now 25mb...thats no good!

Thanks,
Ivan

iloco
11-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Check out atomhost.com at this LINK (http://atomhost.com/hosting.html)

I have been using them for 5-6 yrs and they ae very nice to work with if you ever have a server issue or need help with something you may not understand.

There are lots of host servers on the Internet but get some feedback about them before getting one to fast. :)

IvanB
11-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks iloco.

BoBoZoBo
11-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Ivan.. I told you a while back that I would like to pair up with you and that part of my busines was consultation.

How many videos do you have and how much bandwith do you need. Maybe I can host them for you... no stings attached.

I am a HUGE quicktime fan. Its kind of silly that they want flash only since they can easily stream quicktime into flash for you. MSG me with you email and we will talk.

IvanB
11-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Hey BoBoZoBo,

You are a champion!

At this stage there is about 300mb of quicktime videos...and as time goes on there will more..I'm currently working on some MatchMover tutes, and will be doing a buch of Vue6 tutes (for all those concerned..I dont have Aislefx video..I will be doing my own, and they will be free!)

I want to keep them in quicktime format..as the files are pretty small, and the quality is quite good..
Just to let you know, the esnips site counted over 10,000 views. (i took the videos offline for a day at 8,000 views and the counter reset, there is currently over 2000 views counted) and now that vue6 is out..i found a lot of the videos are stil relevent.

I would definatly like to keep them up as they were (quicktime)...and thanks for the offer Cedric..I will message you.

Ivan.

EDIT: Hey Cedric your private message thing is diabled....Heres my email: ivanbarb@hotmail.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/ivanbarb@hotmail.com)
Thanks again.

BoBoZoBo
11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Woops.. I just enabled it, but ill email you now anyway.

Solomon
11-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Hi Ivan,

you may also want to consider this company called imhosted.com

you get 150 GB of hosting space at 9.95 a month and 6.95 if you pay for 2 years - you get a terrabyte of bandwidth per month and I think they have bandwidth rollover for unused bandwidth that month.

I have been using them for about 7 years now.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2006, 01:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.