PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mosque at night...

pakdee
11-10-2006, 11:26 PM
hi...
this is my final image for my maya basic modeling subject. the mosque done in maya and rendered with mental ray, and the background was photoshop painting. it still doesnt look right to me so any cc are most welcome. i appreciate too if anyone have any good tutorial to paint clouds in photoshop....

http://www.zahariz.com/mosque/final/nightsmall.jpg

everlite
11-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey looking good.

A few thoughts:

The camera needs pulling down slightly, i'd like to see more of the building and less of the sky.

The position of the moon looks like it is sat on the clouds, perhaps if more of the moon was breaking out, that would look pretty cool.

Nice lighting on the mosque.

The lights at the base of the building would be illuminating the walls... My mistake, i've just realised there not lights ;-) Given this you should think that people might see hem as lights.

Also be nice to see a few more buildings to the lower right, feels a little empty.

Clouds feel a little fuzzy, many people use the airbrush for clouds, but not a good idea, produces very soft fuzzy effect.

I'm not sure but i don't think the moon would produce rays of light.

Good attention to brick work. Could do with a little weathering.

Overall, looking good :thumbsup:

- Dave.

Nazirull
11-26-2006, 06:05 AM
I think its great! Models and textures are good....although a little more referencing to real life structures can make it more believeable. Anyway, this is a matte painting thread.

I think Dave is right pointing out the camera positioning. The building should be a bit higher in the composition.

You can try some backlighting, to further enhance the form of the mosque and pop it out more out of the picture. The location of the moon alone is slightly off. I think if u were to follow your 3d light location, you wouldnt be able to see the light source in the pic, in this case the moon.

Clouds are ok....try this famous tut by Stahlberg.

http://www.androidblues.com/cloudtut.html

Try experiment other color palletes.....night moonlit scenes tends to look blue-ish....at least in hollywood's case. and paint in some interior lights too to add life!

Haf fun!

And great to see a country mate here....:) :thumbsup:

Velarion
11-26-2006, 10:40 AM
goin' good.I like the mystical night mood of this picture.However I think you must get some details on the architecture.Also some places of the blue mosque don't fit with the original architecture.I put some photos of the structure I took last year for you to view.good luck:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2006, 10:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.