PDA

View Full Version : Walk Cycle C&C please!

celo3d
11-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Hello,

This is a regular walk cycle (http://www.marcelosakai.com/Movs/Walk_Bibo_2.mov) I've been working on, I was wondering if anyone could give some pointers or suggestion to make it better.

Thanx guys!
Celo

DeFi
11-11-2006, 08:58 AM
For me it looks pretty good. Perhaps you could reduce the snapping of the knees at the front turning point a little bit.

celo3d
11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks DeFi,
I appreciate your response. Yeah, I should definitely take a look at those knees.

Thanks again.

dougie0047
11-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi celo3d,

I think your walk cycle is pretty good, apart from the knee thing I can't really see anything wrong. The rig seems a bit limited though. I just posted a walk cycle myself, and I used a free rig (BasicGuy) for it that I can really recommend. Maybe you should try it?

Dougie

wtoddk
11-11-2006, 11:18 PM
looks really good! The knee snap doesn't even bother me...kinda goes along with his character, I think.

One thing you definitely should add would be some movement in the toes. You've got a little when his feet lift off the ground, but I IMO, youve got it backwards, the toes should point down when the feet lift off...and curl up as they're going to hit the ground again.

The timing is perfect!

Todd

celo3d
11-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all your feedback and complements as well. I will work on these issues and post it again in the forum.

Dougie, do you know where I find this BasicGuy rig? I'm always interested in trying new rigs.

Thanks again

dougie0047
11-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks guys! I really appreciate all your feedback and complements as well. I will work on these issues and post it again in the forum.

Dougie, do you know where I find this BasicGuy rig? I'm always interested in trying new rigs.

Thanks again

Sure do. At highend3D: http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/character_rigs/4284.html

There are other free rigs there as well, but the "Basic Guy" seemed like the best one for me. It's currently top ranked, which of course means that I'm not the only one who liked it. Be sure to read the instructions for it, as there are some really cool extra features to it.

Something else about it: It is stretchable, which is just super, but one thing that confused me to begin with was that the geometry has two levels of display, high and low. So, you might find that when you stretch the limbs (or even when just moving them normally) the geometry appears segmented and "comes off". All you need to do is to go to the BG Global node (I think) and in your channel box you will have the opportunity to switch from low to high level of display.

Enjoy!

Dougie

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2006, 09:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.