PDA

View Full Version : Need some face rigging done, looking for quotes

ultramedia
11-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone,

I've got some characters I'd like to have rigged (body and face) in max. They are the generic millenium characters from poser (victoria 3, michael 3 etc) and rigging them is something that I discussed at length with a couple of people here a while back, but I just can't find the time to learn how to do it all and do it all myself.

Anyways, I'm interested to hear how much people would want to be paid for work like this. I don't know what the etiquette is about talking about $ for potential jobs on a forum though, so maybe just send me a pm if you're interested in suggesting a price (per character I suppose).

Having said that, if people are happy to talk about what sort of money they normally charge for rigging then thats ok with me and sounds like an interesting enough discussion topic...

ultramedia
11-13-2006, 10:46 AM
So... no one here's interested in doing some paid rigging work?

Illusion-shadow
11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
You really do get what you paid for, most of the character set up artist will charge by hours. And depending on how good they are, it wil varies from $50 to $150/hrs. Also, it really depends what type of rig you are looking for, character studio? or custom rigs? with dynamic? Do you need facial setup and morph target... etc. I don't think you have enough info to give you a qoute. You should tell other how much you have budget per character and what type of rig you are looking for.

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.