PDA

View Full Version : Vue D Esprit Users

MarkJW
11-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi im new to this forum,
I have a question if anyone can help out?
Do you know of any games companies that use Vue for Xbox, PC, Playstation or Nintendo Wii games??

I doing a investigation in to Vue D Esprit and need a hand anyone know?

Thanks.

MarkJW

MarkJW
11-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I know Vue is used widely in the USA and Canada as reading your other messages. I know Vue it used by some gaming companies in England I just need confirmation from one of you guys that its used widely in the games industry as well?

MarkJW

Carpenter
11-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Whether it is widely used or to what extent is a question you may not find out here, unless people from those companies choose to answer. But as a guess I would not be surprised if it is used for cut scene work, I doubt it is used for level design though, the polycounts can get pretty high, and that is not typically something you want for games content.

But I have been wrong in the past, and I might be wrong here too :D

Rich

MarkJW
11-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Cheers Rich,

Your points are very valid. Do you think Vue is more widely used in the film industry then?

Mark

Carpenter
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Strictly based on my own uninformed opinion, I would imagine so. The only movie I see E-On advertising is the Pirate movie, so I wonder whether there are many big movie studios using it... smaller and indie movies though would make sense.
Will either of these industries effect whether you will be able to make content with Vue? I am just learning the program myself, already I feel I can create some interesting cutscenes and fly throughs... I doubt I will be creating any high quality game cutscenes or movie enviroments... but I'm not that talented :D

Have fun

Rich

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2006, 10:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.