PDA

View Full Version : Gun Slinger WIP 2000+ face character

Dekard
11-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I did this for an inclass assignment, any crits very much appreciated, long time lurker here.. :) I recently purchased and watched the gnomon modeling vids but getting some conflicting info, so I figured this would be a good place to look for crits as well.. :D

The assignement was to create a character between 2-3000 faces. 90 degree T stance pose.

http://www.jeremytoons.com/wip/gunslinger_wip.jpg

I'm still learning.. I know I could have textured the straps on the legs and the belt (and should have) but I was trying to add the details so it would be artificially 2k in faces.. O_O The extra geometry in the arm and legs are for folds in the clothes (he won't be normal mapped) I don't even think we get into that until we get into zbrush next semester... :D

I was told it was a good start but needed better edge flow.. any paint overs, advice, suggestions, crits greatly appreciated. :D I quit my IT job 4 months ago to finish my computer animation degree so I'm going balls to the wall to try and learn this so I may get a job in about a year and a half from now. :D

Thanks.

TychoCelchuuu
11-10-2006, 05:10 AM
What's that stuff on his back? Also, the crotch/butt area on the rear of the character looks kind of weird, with all those triangles tied to one vertex. You've also got lots of geometry that isn't really needed, but you said you were just kind of adding in polys so that might be the reason.

Dekard
11-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, he's got a pack on his back and the lines that all go to the one vertex on his rear are folds in teh cloth same as in the pants and in the elbows of the jacket.

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2006, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.