PDA

View Full Version : Exporting from maya

MrMusaeus
11-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi!

I'm currently working on a independent game production. This is our first game so we are rather inexperienced.

Now we have major problems getting our character exported to a useable fileformat. We use Maya and the Irrlich enginge.

I have rigged the character in an normal fashion, using IKhandle, constraints and setdriven keys. The problem is that we don't know which formats upport this, nor who to export them.

The irrlich enginge supports 2 formats with skeleton animation, .x .ms3d, but we can't seem to find any exporters thats able to export without tons of bugs.

We have tried the DirectX SDK plugin for maya, but it only work occationaly...

Its extremly frustrating, since we have no idea how to make a game character properly. There are very limited with learning resources on the web, and we are looking for some help or guidelines to who you properly produce a game character.

Hope you can help! :)

Ghostscape
11-09-2006, 11:48 PM
www.quest3d.com has a maya .x exporter. I believe it handles animation (I know the 3ds Max one does)

CGTalk Moderation
11-09-2006, 11:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.