PDA

View Full Version : GeForce3 Ti200 on Maya

goosh
03-21-2002, 11:45 PM
Hi

I was wondering if anybody was using a GeForce3 Ti 200 in Maya

from Alias Wave front they say that it's not a good idea.. but I find that they sometimes cover themselves a lot so that they don't have problems later on

Anybody out there using it?

Thanks

Goosh

efishta
03-22-2002, 10:02 PM
the GeForce line of cards is surprisingly stable and very fast for Maya and other 3D apps. AW will not offer support if you use cards they haven't certified but literally 95-99% people I have encountered here and in other forums and newsgroups have said that it's a great purchase. Especially when using the SoftQuadro patch, which I've outlined here in this little guide I wrote http://www.beigefingers.com/news/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=10 which enables the Pro features of the Quadro cards that aren't available for the GeForce cards. There is definitely a noticeable speed and accuracy increase as I myself have benchmarked it and it provided a hefty increase over the regular drivers.
Alex (aka Unwinder) has done a marvelous jobs with the SoftQuadro patches, congrats to him and many thanks.

jazzthief
03-28-2002, 09:48 AM
This topic further justified my purchasing a Visiontek Geforce 3 Ti200 to replace my buggy ATI Fire GL1 video card in W2K for Maya 4. I'm crossing my fingers that link leading to SoftQuadro is fairly easy to 'upgrade' to a Quadro DCC performance.

I've heard there's different versions to the driver. Where would I find the latest.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.