PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park Fan Film, Needs awsome CGI artists!

Majestic-Jay
02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey, I just joined here, and I was wondering if any member could help me in a rather large project. I am making my own version of Jurassic Park 4. I am called it a fan film where it is made by the fans for the fans, so I or/and any body else wouldn't get in trouble with universal studios or amblin entertainment. The est. 2 1/2 hour long Jurassic Park: The Return fan film is ready to start pre-production. All we need is animators to create the rare looking buldings, and of course the dinosaurs. I need about six - 10 computer generated image designers to create such a task. I learned this is one of the biggest cg forums around, I thought that they would be alot of expert animators here. This is not a simple task, but I am sure it would be well though of once finished, since the motion picture fan film will be viewed in all schools of kentucky, tennessee, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio. Then by alot of animators on the internet and the biggest audiance the Jurassic Park fans. This is a non-profit film, I am doing it so it would help my acting/directing skills. Everyone else is doing the same, as if a designer for clothing, they are doing it to advirtise their salon, and/or improve their skills.
The thought of doing a project such as this, making real people, with a real environment, with fantastic cgi dinosaurs and other reptiles, a few years later, you look back, and say, "I did that"
Are they anyone who is willing to give this rpoject a try? Send me a email, and/or reply to this message. My email is: rexyjpcarno@yahoo.com

If you can and have the time, include a web page with your animations or graphics. I cannot open any object at this time on my stupid email account, so you will have to have it hosted on a site. I can reply to your messages with a logo of the film if requested. I hope some of you are interested in this project. My name is Jay (Justin) Lee. Have a good day, and a safe week.

ndog
02-09-2003, 08:39 AM
If I understand you correctly, you are making a 2 1/2 hr. long live action film that will include composited 2D/3D elements and you need 6 to 10 animators to donate time to the project.

Just a few questions for you:
Are you planning on shooting the live action footage on film or DV?
How will lighting issues be handled?
How much will be blue/green screen footage?
How is the compositing going to be handled?
How many minutes of animation will be required?
How do you plan on distributing a 2 1/2 hr. long film to fans?
How long do you think this project will take?

Majestic-Jay
02-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Okay, I think the project will do a grand job with the internet users. Getting 45-80 emails a day, based on the films, asking for pics, story, characters, and some more information, I will have to say that this project will be viewed be many. Plus the fact that were I am still in schooling, the schools in michigan,indiana,kentucky,ohio,tennessee is going to be viewing the film in their gyms. Animation is a big task to do in this film, as I know you may Have seen the first three films by Steven Speilberg and Joe Jonston. They had alot of dinosaur action in their films. This does too. I am planning on making the movie all together, without the animations, and then after finishing, we send it to the animators to add the dinosaurs and buildings. It will be shot with film. Everyone single person that is involved some how with this project will recieve their own copy of the film. Thats the only people that can have the copy, the viewers cannot, due to copyright laws. But once the site is up, they can go and view every day if they want too. For lighting we got our own lighting team to deal with that. And plus the director gives them strict directions on where to use it. This project has took me a long time to create, and I just want to finish it. I know if I put all of my effort into and think about this only, it will not get finished. I need help, I need a team to help me. I need friends, t make this project. They are no set time to release, so that will give the animators enough time to create such animations. I will honor any animated images, (Unless they look like something from the 80s) what do you say? Will you all help me? I think these project will be worth it's while.
:buttrock:
Oh yeah the music while be composed by many different schools combined, and some orginal music scores by jon williams.

pwhitlock
02-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Sounds interesting. I can help with compositing, effects and animation but i am no modeller. :rolleyes:
Not sure if that will help you or not though. Let me know.

Boone
02-16-2003, 08:43 PM
Well...it sounds interesting...but how about posting for a talented musician? Create a sound track that has a jungle-beat( think predator ) and pipes...That way someone gets some experiance making music and you avoid a run-in with John Williams' agent.:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.