PDA

View Full Version : Flash Stickfighter xiaoxiao

cac2889
02-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Anyway, I'm sure everyone has seen the xiaoxiao flash presentations. VERY good I must say. My question is, and I am refering to the two Mutilator Episodes (most recent), how are they made in flash? How is the 3d look and matrix look accomplished? I'm pretty much asking for how EVERYTHING is done, from the parts that are animated to the special effects (matrix and 3d look).

Does anyone know where I can find flash tutorials that cover the concepts needed to create these presentations?

www.xiaoxiaomovie.com

cac2889
02-09-2003, 11:00 PM
Has anyone even seen these flash animations? I really want to know how they were made so I can take a crack at it!

tenl
02-09-2003, 11:41 PM
I've seen them as well and I would love to know as well...

Solesurvivor
02-09-2003, 11:46 PM
i think it's just a mixture of 2d flash drawn by hand, or by wacom if you prefer(frame by frame animation), and vector outpot from a 3d package to create the matrix alike effects

Michael Chen
02-10-2003, 01:07 AM
I'm not really sure if he used a tablet or not.

I would of thought that he animated each piece of limb seperately and converted every specific movement into a movieclip, therefore you could reuse the same action everytime (when it's needed). Thats just my theory.

tenl
02-10-2003, 06:37 AM
WOW!

Rukura! I just went to your website and saw an effect that I have looked for ages and never got a response..

When you hover over the hero pic a pop up animation appears and stays there until you get out of that area...

I would love to see an FLA file on how to do that? Can you supply one?

Titan
02-10-2003, 06:47 AM
just looks like 3d exported to an swf file to me...there are plugins that do this..:hmm:

yuanzhe
02-11-2003, 12:24 AM
In china , a lot of people like his flash.

He ActionScript is very good.

But some 3D Design is with his brother help.

I like another flasher---buhua

tenl
02-11-2003, 12:46 AM
I've never heard of Puhua...do you have a link that I can see?

Michael Chen
02-11-2003, 05:59 AM
WOW!

Rukura! I just went to your website and saw an effect that I have looked for ages and never got a response..

When you hover over the hero pic a pop up animation appears and stays there until you get out of that area...

I would love to see an FLA file on how to do that? Can you supply one?

Sure :)

But give me a day or two to prepare the fla, (since I'm actually quite busy).

Michael Chen
02-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Here's the fla file.

Tell me what you think :)

download fla (http://www.ziggwi.com/mike/flash/01.fla)

Hope the link works :D

Note: Move your mouse over the middle to see the effect.

yuanzhe
02-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by tenl
I've never heard of Puhua...do you have a link that I can see?

Here you are :)

http://arts.tom.com/flash/buhua/

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.