PDA

View Full Version : Gallery submission

j3st3r
11-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi,

I've posted an image to my portfolio, checked the "Show in Gallery" checkbox, and nothing happened. I've posted the image last Friday...

Thanks for any help,

leigh
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
According to your posting history, you uploaded an image called "Blast!" which you did not submit to the gallery, only your portfolio. I have manually moved it into the gallery for you.

j3st3r
11-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks Leigh. Can you tell me, that why my vampire image hadn't show up in the gallery? Maybe I made a mistake with that image as well...

leigh
11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah there was an image called "No anger, but I'll eat you (Vampires and Hunters II)" that you submitted to your portfolio, but also apparently not to the gallery. If you're sure that you did indeed check the checkbox for gallery forum submission, then I'd recommend you post a thread about this in the gallery support forum because perhaps there is a bug in the system.

Would you like me to move the image to the gallery? Or would you like to resubmit it instead? I'd recommend resubmitting it or else it'll be quite a few pages back in the gallery due to the way the gallery displays threads.

j3st3r
11-08-2006, 05:07 PM
thanks Leigh, again...I'll resubmit it. Thank you again, you`re very helpful.

leigh
11-08-2006, 07:24 PM
No problem! I just validated it so it's in the gallery now.

j3st3r
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks again!

j3st3r
11-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi Leigh, one more question.

I feel sometimes that there users (I know even one of them) undervoting images. I think, that maybe voting rules should include some explanation of the given vote.

Don't get me wrong, but I think that my latest image is better than 3.36, and I know few of my "enemies" used to vote one or at most two stars on my images.

Is it possible to bind voting to a short explanation?

leigh
11-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I've wanted that for ages but we don't have that feature in vBulletin and our programming wizards are very busy with many other tasks right now, so I can't hassle them to write one either.

But I do totally agree. For years I have felt that people should only be able to vote if they've actually posted a comment in the thread, preferably stating exactly what they think of the image and why they have chosen to rate it the way they have.

pigglet
11-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Please, leigh, I need your advice. This pictures (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=430729) with the same description was rejected for posting to the CGTalk Gallery. With the reason: “You have not provided a sufficient or appropriate description for the image. Please resubmit with more information regarding your work”.

I'm new in this system with submitting through CGPortfolio and don't understand what am I doing wrong? What type of description I need?

leigh
11-17-2006, 10:33 PM
A description should ideally contain a brief discussion of the concept of the image followed by a brief overview of any techniques used. Ideally this description should be at least a paragraph or two long.

pigglet
11-17-2006, 10:47 PM
But... it's just a cup of a tea! Upon what ground? Why, here in Denmark. Using maya and vray. What else I must write for submit this image? :cry:

CGTalk Moderation
11-17-2006, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.