PDA

View Full Version : How to achieve more details in the flame?!?

PsychoSilence
11-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Hy Community,

im experimenting with overburn and particles in gerneral in MAYA right now...

Heres my first try on realistic flames:

http://core2core.de/spielwiese/MAYA_Fluid_Fire.mov

but how can i achieve more details like little flames and noise in the opacity to get even more realism?

i apprechiate any help :)

kind regards

anselm

cosku
11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Increase the container's resolution.

thomwickes
11-08-2006, 04:52 PM
did you make that with overburn? or fluids? or particles?

looks good, i like the smoke

elvis75k
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
i'm not a fluid guru: set-> texture color/incand/opacity (depends on your sim.) to space time with active inflection, and animate the y axis of texture origin and also the texture time the texture with an expression, something like

fluidShape.textureTime=time * 0.1
fluidShape.textureOriginY=time * -0.05 (to go down)

now your flame will look more beliveable (or not)

;)

PsychoSilence
11-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Thank you for the replys so far!

I increased the resolution of of the container wich brought a little more detail but a dramatic increase of rendertime as well wich isnt something to wonder about...

@ thomwickes: Yes! the basic flame preset is made with overburn. I then started to modify certain attributes to gain the desired look.

@ Elvis75k: Ill give that a try definetly! But im not that familiar with expressions anymore (sswitched from maya to may two years ago due to the company i work at...). where do i put the two lines?

kind regards

Anselm

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2006, 10:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.